The Student Room Group

Started dating somebody new, advice needed.

About a week ago I started dating a boy I had a crush on, and I'm not sure where to go from here, and how to have a healthy relationship.
I just got out of a 3 year long INCREDIBLY toxic relationship 5 months ago and I really don't know how to spot red flags and maintain a healthy relationship.
For context me and him have one class together (I'm in HS) and he is a grade above me.
I'm also worried he's moving way too fast. He's already said I love you and he's said some things that could be a red flag but idrk tbh.
I am also incredibly introverted, I overthink a lot and my entire mood is based off of he treats me so idrk what to do abt that either.
Any advice is helpful, I just don't know how to make this work, thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by MapleRenegade
About a week ago I started dating a boy I had a crush on, and I'm not sure where to go from here, and how to have a healthy relationship.
I just got out of a 3 year long INCREDIBLY toxic relationship 5 months ago and I really don't know how to spot red flags and maintain a healthy relationship.
For context me and him have one class together (I'm in HS) and he is a grade above me.
I'm also worried he's moving way too fast. He's already said I love you and he's said some things that could be a red flag but idrk tbh.
I am also incredibly introverted, I overthink a lot and my entire mood is based off of he treats me so idrk what to do abt that either.
Any advice is helpful, I just don't know how to make this work, thank you.

As for the I love you thing - a week in probably is too fast, but ultimately they're just words. If you feel he's going to fast overall and you don't feel comfortable you should tell him. If you like him and want to stay with him, I don't think it's an enormous problem - plenty of people make mistakes early in a relationship.
Reply 2
Hang on. There was Henry that you started dating 2-3 years ago, wanted to sleep with, and you still liked him after you split up and wanted to get back together. At the same time as that there was the crush named Alex. Plus you are, what, 16? Were you really in a relationship at 13?

Suggest you reconsider your priorities and concentrate on school rather than boys. Plenty of time for relationships in the future, when you are more mature and discerning.
Original post by Surnia
Hang on. There was Henry that you started dating 2-3 years ago, wanted to sleep with, and you still liked him after you split up and wanted to get back together. At the same time as that there was the crush named Alex. Plus you are, what, 16? Were you really in a relationship at 13?

Suggest you reconsider your priorities and concentrate on school rather than boys. Plenty of time for relationships in the future, when you are more mature and discerning.

Oh my god yes you are right, I probably lied abt my age though, I was 11 at the time which makes it even worse, I am 14 now. My crush on Alex was when I was 12.

You have a real good point though. I am working on school too dw, but I haven't dated in a few months and I wanna try again. Plus this boy seems like somebody who is going to treat me well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending