The Student Room Group

boyfriends

im going to college in september and i am worried about relationships, ive had them before just not nice ones, yk being used and stuff and manipulated.

how would i know if someone likes me ? how do i act ? im usually so awkward now when it comes to that stuff.
but im also very needy, i have so many issues health wise and i worry abt them leaving bc they would get freaked out and that.

help pls & thanks :,(
Reply 1
Original post by Ameli_Coupaii
im going to college in september and i am worried about relationships, ive had them before just not nice ones, yk being used and stuff and manipulated.

how would i know if someone likes me ? how do i act ? im usually so awkward now when it comes to that stuff.
but im also very needy, i have so many issues health wise and i worry abt them leaving bc they would get freaked out and that.

help pls & thanks :,(

hey! year 12 going into year 13 here, id first say not to even worry about relationships at first. jumping from y11-12 is very scary and intimidating, and id leave it a few months before you start looking for potential romantic relationships etc. at first just get used to the atmosphere, focusing on new subjects and meeting new people and just generally adjusting to college.

im really sorry to hear you havent had good relationships so far : ( im sure you didnt deserve that, and i hope future ones treat you better!! to know if someone likes you romantically can be incredibly difficult because each person acts differently when it happens. but common things are they may joke/flirt around with you often, try and touch/talk/be around you a lot more than they used to and drop hints like more compliments etc. but all in all, its impossible to tell unless they tell you directly. i wouldnt worry so much about this though, as most of the time people will tell you if they see romantic potential or not as they will genuinely want a relationship. acting wise, you should just be yourself. it can be hard at first as you dont wanna embarrass yourself and impress them and things, but if somebody is really interested in you, them thingd wouldnt matter!! its entirely normal to feel awkward and theres nothing wrong with it, if its the right person and time it will gradually feel less awkward and itll come naturally to you so dont worry about it. and its okay to be needy, as long as you know their boundaries which im sure you know wouldnt want to pass, they would also know yours and want to accomodate your needs if they are meant for you. having health issues isnt your fault at all and if theyre freaked out by it, thats their problem. its understandable youd feel this way but if somebody really loved you, they wouldnt leave because of something so normal or small about you and would love you regardless.

overall, i wouldnt actively base your worth and seek for relationships quickly at first and give time to find yourself and adjust to the new environment. however, if you meet someone that you begin to like, if its meant to be things will naturally fall into place and everything will work out! so dont worry about it & i hope you enjoy y12 : )
Reply 2
thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending