The Student Room Group

Re themes gcse question

themes paper is next week and can someone please tell me how to answer a British contemporary society question? This is the question..

Explain two contrasting views in contemporary British society about family planning..
Reply 1
i really have no idea but need rs help too lmao
Original post by userwantstolearn
themes paper is next week and can someone please tell me how to answer a British contemporary society question? This is the question..

Explain two contrasting views in contemporary British society about family planning..

Views in contemporary British society means current views in Britain. So, for your first view you should speak about Christianity since it's the main religion in Great Britain. For your contrasting view you should speak about either another Christian denominational view, or another religion you study (e.g. Islam).

In regards to answering this question, this is a 4 mark question, so the structure is point + explanation, point + explanation.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Light of Truth
Views in contemporary British society means current views in Britain. So, for your first view you should speak about Christianity since it's the main religion in Great Britain. For your contrasting view you should speak about either another Christian denominational view, or another religion you study (e.g. Islam).

In regards to answering this question, this is a 4 mark question, so the structure is point + explanation, point + explanation.

u are a life saver thanks!

i genuinely don't know why people concentrate that sentence.Just focus on the sentence that come after British contemporary society that's what you've learnt you don't have to mention BCS
What’s the difference between quality of life and Sancity of life
Reply 6
What’s the difference between quality of life and Sancity of life

quality of life is how good their life is and a sort of definition i found is "the general wellbeing of a person in relation to their health and happiness". sancticity of life is just that life is just that life s sacred. so like why might ppl be against abortion- bc they believe in the sanctity of life , and believe that only god can take life away.(idk wht denomination that is but ik its christian)
Ur a star! Thanks, I have my exam tmrw!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
ur a star! Thanks, i have my exam tmrw!

i acidentally slept and didnt revise 💀💀💀💀💀💀 gonna start praying atp its part of rs anyway. Im gonna sneak on my phone during engkuish lesson rn and just revise
Original post by r_4bi
i acidentally slept and didnt revise 💀💀💀💀💀💀 gonna start praying atp its part of rs anyway. Im gonna sneak on my phone during engkuish lesson rn and just revise

You still go in to school during exam ??
Reply 10
Original post by donebeinginthesh
i'm carmk

? Guys i deffo ****ed the first 2 things idk . I do aqa btw for reference. Waht the hell was that relationships and family wuestions "the role f kids" like dawg

Quick Reply

Latest