The Student Room Group

pausing exam

in one of my gcse exams, the invigilator stopped the exam entirely for a minute or so, because some students were answering the wrong questions on the paper. Is this allowed, and will the examinors know about it when marking the paper, because it disrupted my flow and I did forget a few important points I didn't have time to write down. I know it's too late, but it's just something I've been thinking about lol
Original post by rysua
in one of my gcse exams, the invigilator stopped the exam entirely for a minute or so, because some students were answering the wrong questions on the paper. Is this allowed, and will the examinors know about it when marking the paper, because it disrupted my flow and I did forget a few important points I didn't have time to write down. I know it's too late, but it's just something I've been thinking about lol

Invigilators should have no business correcting people upon what question to answer. Guess what, if ppl are answering wrong questions, they don't even know which is the right one meaning they haven't studied and are likely to not know the answer of that particular question as well.

In my RE GCSE paper last year, I answered a question from another theme which my school didn't do because I liked that one.

Anyways, I don't think they should have done that. But what can you even do now?

You probably should have complained on that day if you think it caused disruption to you.

Best of luck with your results!

Quick Reply

Latest