The Student Room Group

MyTutor Advice

I applied to do tutoring with MyTutor about 7/8 months ago or so. Passed my interview, but then never completed my profile and started tutoring because I was just busy with other things and I didn’t need to do it. Now I want to earn some money so I’ve continued building my profile now.

What I wanna ask is how do tutors prepare content for the students they tutor and how much extra time will this take up. I’ll be tutoring GCSE and Alevel maths. Also if anyone tutors with MyTutor any other advice would be great.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by fortified_shi
I applied to do tutoring with MyTutor about 7/8 months ago or so. Passed my interview, but then never completed my profile and started tutoring because I was just busy with other things and I didn’t need to do it. Now I want to earn some money so I’ve continued building my profile now.

What I wanna ask is how do tutors prepare content for the students they tutor and how much extra time will this take up. I’ll be tutoring GCSE and Alevel maths. Also if anyone tutors with Mutor any other advice would be great.

Yes tutors do have to prep work for students they tutor and time taken varies.Try preparing a lesson introducing a key concept with examples and then problems for students to try.Start with the premise student knows nothing about concept and you can always adapt if they have some more advanced understanding.It may well take longer than the lesson to start with but you will get quicker as you go along.Buy some textbooks for different specs as this will speed up process.Get them second hand online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending