The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Uni offer

Hi
My A level offer for LSE law is A*AA not subject specific. I take 4 A levels so if I failed one but met the requirements for the other 3 would I be rejected on the grounds of failing the 4th. On my offer holder letter and UCAS it just says A*AA and doesn’t mention a pass in a 4th subject but I am a bit worried. I tried to call LSE admissions today but no answer l,can anyone here advise me if this is ok.
Tysm
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Also has anyone been told what they need in their 4th A level for LSE ?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Bump ^
Original post by Lovinglife6
Hi
My A level offer for LSE law is A*AA not subject specific. I take 4 A levels so if I failed one but met the requirements for the other 3 would I be rejected on the grounds of failing the 4th. On my offer holder letter and UCAS it just says A*AA and doesn’t mention a pass in a 4th subject but I am a bit worried. I tried to call LSE admissions today but no answer l,can anyone here advise me if this is ok.
Tysm

Are all your 4 A-levels on LSE's approved list, eg no General Studies etc?
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Are all your 4 A-levels on LSE's approved list, eg no General Studies etc?

Yes they are
Reply 5
Yes they are

Which subjects? :s-smilie:
Yes they are

If they haven't mentioned any subject restrictions then your best three should count and the fourth becomes irrelevant.
Reply 7
Original post by thegeek888
Which subjects? :s-smilie:

Eng, Gov+Pol, History,Economics
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
If they haven't mentioned any subject restrictions then your best three should count and the fourth becomes irrelevant.

Ok thanks sm
Reply 9
Also I was thinking if they wanted a grade in the 4th they would’ve said something like A*AAE instead of just 3- thanks for your help @ageshallnot :smile:
Also I was thinking if they wanted a grade in the 4th they would’ve said something like A*AAE instead of just 3- thanks for your help @ageshallnot :smile:

Yw. Drop them an email if you want to double check.
Eng, Gov+Pol, History,Economics

If you was to miss the grades; for example AAB in English, Politics and History then an A* in Economics would pay off, as you would still be admitted. The 4th subject might not be included, but it will be listed on your UCAS form and history. Especially if it is the same exam board Pearson Edexcel, AQA, OCR or WJEC for the A-Level. As it will appear on the A-Level certificates. So it makes sense to do your best. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending