The Student Room Group

If I accept two conditionals, can I still fall back on my unconditionals?

Today I was offered two conditionals from my top two choice unis. I want to put them as my firm and insurance choice. However I also got two unconditionals from other uni’s. If I don’t get the grade I need for either conditionals, would I still have my unconditionals to fall back on?

I apologise if this doesn’t make sense, or if it’s a stupid question. But I don’t want to make decisions or accept a conditional offer without knowing I have something to fall back on.
Reply 1
no
Reply 2
If you don't get the grades for your conditional offers, you could still in theory go back to the other unis and see if they have places in Clearing. But they would not be obliged to offer you a place.

Used to be a thing where unis offered unconditional places but only if you made them your firm choice. Don't know if that still happens tbh.
Reply 3
When you accept your Firm and Insurance any others offers are automatically cancelled and you can't get them back.

Whilst its possible that your U Unis may have that course in Clearing, there are no guarantees and they are not in any way obliged to accept you in Clearing just because they previously made you an offer.

You have until JUNE to make this decision - think carefully.
Original post by xtayz
Today I was offered two conditionals from my top two choice unis. I want to put them as my firm and insurance choice. However I also got two unconditionals from other uni’s. If I don’t get the grade I need for either conditionals, would I still have my unconditionals to fall back on?

I apologise if this doesn’t make sense, or if it’s a stupid question. But I don’t want to make decisions or accept a conditional offer without knowing I have something to fall back on.

Hi there

The usual agreement for any offer is that if you firm them and get the grades then you have a place. As for unconditionals the same rule applies, meaning that you can only have your space if you agree to firm the uni. If you choose to firm an unconditional offer then you are guaranteed a place at that university and are therefore not required to have an insurance. If you firm a uni with a conditional offer you can still put your unconditional as your insurance. That being said only your firm and insurance matter. Once you either firm your unconditional or firm and insure a conditional/unconditional the other unis will be discarded and you will lose your place at all of them regardless if they are unconditional offers. Hope this makes sense

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Original post by xtayz

Nope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending