The Student Room Group

how do I accept an offer?

got an offer letter from the uni I really want to go to. It says on the letter that ucas will contact me after I recieve all the decisions. Just out of curiosity, if I withdraw the application from all the other uni except the one I got the offer from, will I immediately get the confirmation email?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by zeraora44
got an offer letter from the uni I really want to go to. It says on the letter that ucas will contact me after I recieve all the decisions. Just out of curiosity, if I withdraw the application from all the other uni except the one I got the offer from, will I immediately get the confirmation email?

Hi @zeraora44

Congrats on your offer!

Was it a conditional offer? Or unconditional? If conditional, I would suggest waiting to hear back from your other choices so that you can confirm a firm and insurance choice uni in the case that you don't meet the requirements of the offer. There is a bit more detailed information about firm and insurance choices on the UCAS website if you need some help with this.

If the offer is unconditional and you accept, you have a definite place at that uni! And can then expect to hear more correspondence about getting started, accommodation, etc., further down the line.

Just be mindful over which type of offer you've been given, and regardless of which type, there is no harm in waiting a bit for your other choices to get back to you so that you have some choice before you confirm. Your offer from your preferred uni won't go anywhere.

Best of luck with your decision!
Emily 🙂
Student Rep at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending