The Student Room Group

My brain is in a box

I feel like my brain is in a box and I completely lack the motivation to do any thing. Ive been stuck in this slum in what feels like forever, my life is slowly spiralling downwards. I would say im a fairly intellectual person but im just barely scraping passes in my exams and ive gained a lot of the weight I spent all of last summer trying so hard to loose. ive been to a doctor whom thinks I have anxiety and a physiatrist who believes I have ADHD, but none of that means anything if I cant get my thoughts together and harness the energy that I know my brain has in it. Im currently studying a bsc Optometry and I have aspirations to go into medicine but im struggling. I feel like my mind is In a box being starved of all things productive. Dont get me wrong im still a happy person who loves going out with friends and family but when the going gets tough I lose all hope in my self. any thoughts or advice ?
Original post by Danish200
I feel like my brain is in a box and I completely lack the motivation to do any thing. Ive been stuck in this slum in what feels like forever, my life is slowly spiralling downwards. I would say im a fairly intellectual person but im just barely scraping passes in my exams and ive gained a lot of the weight I spent all of last summer trying so hard to loose. ive been to a doctor whom thinks I have anxiety and a physiatrist who believes I have ADHD, but none of that means anything if I cant get my thoughts together and harness the energy that I know my brain has in it. Im currently studying a bsc Optometry and I have aspirations to go into medicine but im struggling. I feel like my mind is In a box being starved of all things productive. Dont get me wrong im still a happy person who loves going out with friends and family but when the going gets tough I lose all hope in my self. any thoughts or advice ?

I understand your mental health and stress concerns and sometimes we all feel like that, you should try give yourself time to enjoy and actually sit back and relax for a bit and I know studying/education can be stressful. Speak to someone and just talk about your feelings and don't bottle it up as this will make you feel worse and if you spill your feelings, it will feel like a weight lifted off you and I would recommend trying journalling as this let's you write about your feelings and just write about whatever you feel like writing, this is a small activity to free your mind. I hope this was helpful, just give yourself time and i hope you feel mentally strong again. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest