The Student Room Group

A Level Mathematics

Hello,
I came to UK last year and due to late entry I got admission in IT A level in a college. They are not teaching mathematics there. But to do engineering in computer science/IT, I should have mathematics A Level.
Please advise the options to register/complete the mathematics A level in 1 year.
Reply 1
Original post by drishuk
Hello,
I came to UK last year and due to late entry I got admission in IT A level in a college. They are not teaching mathematics there. But to do engineering in computer science/IT, I should have mathematics A Level.
Please advise the options to register/complete the mathematics A level in 1 year.

Make sure you have a strong base knowledge of gcse. Although there is a lot of new maths in the a level course a large portion of it builds on the gcse knowledge. Use websites like maths genie and physics and maths tutor (PMT) to help you understand and test yourself on the content you learn. After doing that ig just look at exam papers for as level to test yourself. It may be a good idea to just attempt a gcse paper to see if you have any gaps in your knowledge (remember to check your spec).

Quick Reply

Latest