The Student Room Group

A Level Edexcel Economics B Paper 2 (9EB0 02) 2023 [exam chat]

any predictions for what will be on the paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did everyone find it? Kinda annoyed that trade creation/diversion and developing economy stuff didn’t come up but overall it was a decent paper
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by nyabby
How did everyone find it? Kinda annoyed that trade creation/diversion and developing economy stuff didn’t come up but overall it was a decent paper

Yeah overall much easier paper than expected suprised at how much of it was from the business side of the course
Reply 3
What did people get for the first question? That one really confused me with the wording
Reply 4
Original post by LukeNL
What did people get for the first question? That one really confused me with the wording

I got 17.10% but I don’t think it’s right, what did you get?
Reply 5
Original post by nyabby
I got 17.10% but I don’t think it’s right, what did you get?

I got that too but that seems ridiculously high. A few of my mates gotr like 1 percent which was like the month to month rate
Reply 6
Original post by LukeNL
I got that too but that seems ridiculously high. A few of my mates gotr like 1 percent which was like the month to month rate

I feel like it couldn’t have been the month to month rate because it wasn’t specified(?)
Reply 7
Original post by nyabby

that last question was awful don't you guys think? not much application for it either...
hopefully it isn't just me who found it awful haha
Reply 8
Original post by yodaandmo
that last question was awful don't you guys think? not much application for it either...

I found the last one okay but the JIT question was awful for me, I answered it but my points weren’t as good as the rest of the paper
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by nyabby
I found the last one okay but the JIT question was awful for me, I answered it but my points weren’t as good as the rest of the paper

The last one was just a bit strange I thought. It only mentioned inflation, which is an economic objective, but then sustainability? Idk just a bit of a weird one I thought. And yeh the JIT question wasn't great but I thought the case study for that was a bit easier to use.
Reply 10
What did you write for the sustainability part?
The last one was just a bit strange I thought. It only mentioned inflation, which is an economic objective, but then sustainability? Idk just a bit of a weird one I thought. And yeh the JIT question wasn't great but I thought the case study for that was a bit easier to use.
I was so annoyed literally none of that came up! They could have called that a Theme 2 paper and I would believe them

Original post by nyabby
Reply 12
Original post by Clocky265
What did you write for the sustainability part?

Well, I just kinda rambled about sustainability helping production in the future via renewable resources, without needing to pay for fossil fuels and that would all help economic growth. Don't know if that what it was asking but we'll see in August! haha. What about you?
Reply 13
Well, I just kinda rambled about sustainability helping production in the future via renewable resources, without needing to pay for fossil fuels and that would all help economic growth. Don't know if that what it was asking but we'll see in August! haha. What about you?

Yeah same tbh haha
Reply 14
the first maths one with the inflation rate got me ngl, overall didn't mind it too much as a paper that last one was a bit of an odd bod though.. genuinely surprised nothing about development economics came up or poverty..felt like this year it so far seems so be super businessy which i'm not going to complain about :smile: what did people get for the deflation and disinflation 4 marker ? think i may have got them the wrong way round I did deflation when inflation went down and just guessed the other one ! also one thing I really struggled with was finding what graphs to use in the paper literally had to try and write loads of eval and analysis because I only used one graph on the whole paper lol

the first question i got 17.10% which I thought was wrong since everyone of my friends did the month to month rate... then the last question I was talking about the macroeconomic objectives but I realised after the exam it mentioned "policy" in the question.... and everyone did the fiscal and monetary...?
Original post by mrxianlin
the first question i got 17.10% which I thought was wrong since everyone of my friends did the month to month rate... then the last question I was talking about the macroeconomic objectives but I realised after the exam it mentioned "policy" in the question.... and everyone did the fiscal and monetary...?

i did the month to month rate initially but thought 1.71% was too low so changed my calculation and got 4.81% instead but not sure if its right. for the last one i didnt mention fiscal and monetary policies, my points were v weak but i just talked about how there is a trade off w economic growth
Reply 17

Are you sure it asked about policies? I thought we were meant to talk about the tradeoffs between the macroeconomic objectives of the economy. So inflation against growth and sustainability against growth. The extracts did not mention any policies and I also don't remember reading the word policy in the question tbh.
Reply 18

Yep, I got 17.10% too! A few people on here have got that too, but then a few have got a lower number. I thought because it mentioned the base index being 100 in March 2015, that you compare it to that so you'd to 117.1-100 which is 17.10%. I hope we are right! And in that question I don't understand how you could mention fiscal or monetary. Or at least I didn't haha. Anyway it's all done now, so onto paper 3! :smile:
Reply 19
Yep, I got 17.10% too! A few people on here have got that too, but then a few have got a lower number. I thought because it mentioned the base index being 100 in March 2015, that you compare it to that so you'd to 117.1-100 which is 17.10%. I hope we are right! And in that question I don't understand how you could mention fiscal or monetary. Or at least I didn't haha. Anyway it's all done now, so onto paper 3! :smile:

The question is if it was a comparison against the base year or another year

Quick Reply

Latest