The Student Room Group

kicked out of sixth form?!!!

Hi i am 17 in y12 and have sat my exam for AS maths(predicted A) and take A level bio, chem and pych; i am predicted A*,A, A. i have reallly bad attendance like last i checked 58% but I have diagnosed autism, emegrgent BPD, recovering anorexia aand 3 differen types of medication. In addition both of my grandparents are currently dyig and my uncle had cancer but took his own life last month so yeah its hard to come into college most days. and i get on black on white i have bad attendance but my college have heard my story they have my SENCO plan but refuse to see my struggle. my head of college said i will not be allowed to retake y12 or go into y13 de to my attendance despite by good grades. i just to at least be given the chhance to prove my intelligece ad if i fail thats on me.
Reply 1
Have you explained all of this to your head of sixth form? I was in a similar position at the end of year twelve and the best thing that allowed me to stay on was showing that you have the intention of making things better. Tell your head of sixth form that you are trying your hardest despite the circumstances to improve your attendance. Make attainable goals with your head of sixth form and ask them to give you the chance to prove yourself. Honestly your head of sixth form should know better how to help support students

Please let me know how you get on I understand that feeling of constant stress and worry. Also whatever is better for you will always find you.
Reply 2
Original post by Markf.
Have you explained all of this to your head of sixth form? I was in a similar position at the end of year twelve and the best thing that allowed me to stay on was showing that you have the intention of making things better. Tell your head of sixth form that you are trying your hardest despite the circumstances to improve your attendance. Make attainable goals with your head of sixth form and ask them to give you the chance to prove yourself. Honestly your head of sixth form should know better how to help support students

Please let me know how you get on I understand that feeling of constant stress and worry. Also whatever is better for you will always find you.

hi yes i had a meeting with senco and head of college and told them my goals and how i plan to attain them and im still in college thankfully. i have dropped a level chemistry after doing an AS and im currently achieving A* and A in psychology and biology. i sat core maths last year and taking up EPQ this year so im looking at unis that are tariff based rather than 3 grades. im hoping to do childrens nursing but thankyou so much for the advice it really made a difference.

Quick Reply

Latest