The Student Room Group

How much will my AS levels decide my final grades?

I am in y12 and do wjec maths, further maths and physics and am supposed to get AAA or AAB, respectively at the end of the year (predicted from my teachers), im pretty sure that im not gonna get those grades and instead get something like ABC as ive really half arsed revision this year. I want to get AAA in y13 to be able to go to the uni I want, but i am worried that i am going to be uncapable of reaching these grades due to my AS results, how hard would it be to achieve AAA given my likely AS results, and would I have to do resits.
Reply 1
Your AS marks contribute 40% of your final A level grade. As long as you sort things out for next year your target grades are still well within reach and you can retake some AS exams if you really need to,
Original post by gdunne42
Your AS marks contribute 40% of your final A level grade. As long as you sort things out for next year your target grades are still well within reach and you can retake some AS exams if you really need to,

Are AS grades not linear instead of modular now ?
Reply 3
Original post by Faisal_Ahmed
Are AS grades not linear instead of modular now ?

Not for WJEC A levels in Wales, CCEA A levels in Northern Ireland or Edexcel/Cambridge International A levels taken by some UK candidates.

Quick Reply

Latest