The Student Room Group

Bath, Queen Mary, or Royal Holloway for Economics?

In a bit of a pickle. I am currently on a gap year, and have achieved grades of A*A*AA and A* in EPQ. I have an offer to study BSc Economics at Bath, which is my only offer at the moment. I am also considering Econ&Mgmt at Royal Holloway, and Econ, Mgmt and Finance at QMUL. Which option would be best for overall student life, networking, prestige and job prospects? Would appreciate any advice.
Reply 1
Bath - their placement system there is probably the best in the UK, and its a target Uni for employers.
Reply 2
Bath.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Bath.

Thank you, may I ask why you think Bath is the best choice?
Reply 4
Original post by r_dhami
Thank you, may I ask why you think Bath is the best choice?

Higher average admissions grades by enough to make a difference, very strong industry year placements, broad perception among employers that its is a place the top A level students chose to go to.
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000
Higher average admissions grades by enough to make a difference, very strong industry year placements, broad perception among employers that its is a place the top A level students chose to go to.

Ok, thanks. Leaning towards Bath now.
Original post by r_dhami
In a bit of a pickle. I am currently on a gap year, and have achieved grades of A*A*AA and A* in EPQ. I have an offer to study BSc Economics at Bath, which is my only offer at the moment. I am also considering Econ&Mgmt at Royal Holloway, and Econ, Mgmt and Finance at QMUL. Which option would be best for overall student life, networking, prestige and job prospects? Would appreciate any advice.

Hi,

I am so pleased to hear that you have an offer for Economics at Bath, I thought I would shed some light on what it is like to study at the University of Bath.

Student Life:
Whilst Bath may not have hundreds of clubs, there is always something to do every night from Karaoke to Cocktails to a picnic in the park with friends. There are lots of student exeperiences not only on The Student Room but also on our website:
https://blogs.bath.ac.uk/students/

Prestige:
We are currently named the University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023! We also have 86% for overall student satisfaction, meaning we are ranked 1st in England!
https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/rankings-and-reputation/

Networking/Job Prospects:
The placement system at the university is something we are very proud of, with placement years being fully supported by staff and hundreds of professional connections in every sector you can imagine. We are currently ranked 5th for career prospects after 15 months, by the Guardian University Guide 2023.

Please let us know if you have any more questions and feel free to look at other student room threads with student life experience.

Sophia (2nd Year Student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending