The Student Room Group

Anxiety making me experience exhaustion and hyperactivity?

I'm not sure how to explain it but I almost feel like Im super hyperactive sometimes, it usually happens when Im experiencing huge amounts of stress or something terrible has happened the day before.
This hyperactive episode is basically just having bounds of energy that cause me to jump, make random noises, reckless decisions, inability to think first and not able to concentrate properly on things like reading text, watching anything and texting friends. Sometimes it goes the way where I feel unstoppable in whatever Im focused and obsessed with and how I will 'change the world' nonsense which I never really do.
Whilst then usually afterwards or before this, I feel exhausted and fatigued. Usually I just feel weak everywhere and dizzy, not able to think this time because I feel so extremely exhausted.

Im not sure what this is, I've been experiencing these mood swings a lot everyday and they're getting harder to handle. I feel pretty exhausted right as of now and I can't concentrate on work. I'm not trying to specifically self-diagnose btw, Im just trying to find anything that could be wrong with me and bring it up to my doctor since usually when I don't have an example with me or an idea what might be wrong then my doctor will dismiss me.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure how to explain it but I almost feel like Im super hyperactive sometimes, it usually happens when Im experiencing huge amounts of stress or something terrible has happened the day before.
This hyperactive episode is basically just having bounds of energy that cause me to jump, make random noises, reckless decisions, inability to think first and not able to concentrate properly on things like reading text, watching anything and texting friends. Sometimes it goes the way where I feel unstoppable in whatever Im focused and obsessed with and how I will 'change the world' nonsense which I never really do.
Whilst then usually afterwards or before this, I feel exhausted and fatigued. Usually I just feel weak everywhere and dizzy, not able to think this time because I feel so extremely exhausted.

Im not sure what this is, I've been experiencing these mood swings a lot everyday and they're getting harder to handle. I feel pretty exhausted right as of now and I can't concentrate on work. I'm not trying to specifically self-diagnose btw, Im just trying to find anything that could be wrong with me and bring it up to my doctor since usually when I don't have an example with me or an idea what might be wrong then my doctor will dismiss me.

It is okey for you to have some mood swings sometimes, it’s normal to feel like that after a stressful situation. Try to do some relaxing things that you enjoy, something you can loose yourself in. Reading, just listen to your favourite music, try to draw something or write what you are thinking or worrying about.

Quick Reply

Latest