Prometheus 7%
Alien: Covenant 7%
Total votes: 15
best 2 films in alien franchies

this is for tomorrow too next poll is monday
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Alien.
If it wasn't for that silly, cliched (4th wall breaking as a result) shower scene, and a over-compensating to the Aliens fanbase final act, I might say Covenant. If it wasn't for the dumbness of some of the characters, Prometheus might be up there. If it wasn't for Alien3 being confusing as to who was dying, and comedic in the wrong places, I might say Alien3. If it wasn't for Aliens making Ripley implausibly unscared of getting near and taunting the aliens, I might say Aliens. If it wasn't for the fact that Resurrection, and Ripley's clone's instincts, are too grotesque, I might say Alien Resurrection.
Some other movies are scarier for longer, or do more in visually exciting ways, but Alien arguably does least wrong. But I admire all of those movies for the very different things they convey.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Picnicl
Alien.
If it wasn't for that silly, cliched (4th wall breaking as a result) shower scene, and a over-compensating to the Aliens fanbase final act, I might say Covenant. If it wasn't for the dumbness of some of the characters, Prometheus might be up there. If it wasn't for Alien3 being confusing as to who was dying, and comedic in the wrong places, I might say Alien3. If it wasn't for Aliens making Ripley implausibly unscared of getting near and taunting the aliens, I might say Aliens. If it wasn't for the fact that Resurrection, and Ripley's clone's instincts, are too grotesque, I might say Alien Resurrection.
Some other movies are scarier for longer, or do more in visually exciting ways, but Alien arguably does least wrong. But I admire all of those movies for the very different things they convey.

thanks for reply

i only saw alien v predator this week for first time and it was not as bad as i thought it would be:smile:
There are no good films with aliens. The last one I watched was E.T. and it was decent, if any.
(edited 11 months ago)
Nah I'm not interested in Alien films. The horror elements and generally the theme just seemed overused
Reply 6
Original post by Bookworm524
Nah I'm not interested in Alien films. The horror elements and generally the theme just seemed overused

Have you watched them? They're each very distinct from each other. Different victim types, different environments/aesthetics, often a different director.
They're enjoyable as satires of untamed capitalism too. The uncaring mercilessness of the Alien/s is symbolic of some other character and/or corporation in most of the movies.
Reply 7
Original post by Kallisto
There are no good films with aliens. The last one I watched was E.T. and it was decent, if any.

Have you seen any of the Alien movies? They're actually more experimental aesthetic pieces and about human power/conflict, inbetween the killing, than just about 'aliens'.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending