The Student Room Group

Med school question [ANY HELP APPRECIATED]

Hello everyone hope your well, if i get 9s in the sciences, maths and english language but fail english literature (GCSE) will those grades be competitive and enough to study medicine assuming i did quite well in my A levels aswell?
Any help appreciated. Also, would you say i should resit literature or if it doesn't matter?
Reply 1
Original post by Cyan P
Hello everyone hope your well, if i get 9s in the sciences, maths and english language but fail english literature (GCSE) will those grades be competitive and enough to study medicine assuming i did quite well in my A levels aswell?
Any help appreciated. Also, would you say i should resit literature or if it doesn't matter?

Generally, med schools will ask for a 6+ in Language, not Literature. Your grades for competitive courses should be 7-9s, and failing a course is not exactly good, even if it is not a useful course. However, unis are more likely to look at your a-level grades and your relative subjects, so I don’t think you should really stress it if you fail lit, unless you’re aiming for a very top tier uni.
Reply 2
Thank you very much for the reply, even if i scrape a 4 in literature will i be good to go for top tier med unis? assuming i get around 7+ in everything else (apart from french) with 9s in maths, sciences and english language and lets say 3 A*s at A levels

Quick Reply

Latest