The Student Room Group

What books can I compare for my English Literature coursework?

Im doing AQA English literature and need to compare a modern book to a pre-1900s book. I really want to used A Little Life for the modern book - any ideas on a pre-1900s book that may share similar themes that I could write my essay on?
Reply 1
if you haven't already done a picture of dorian gray for prose it could be nice to compare to a little life :smile:
Original post by k6naki
if you haven't already done a picture of dorian gray for prose it could be nice to compare to a little life :smile:

Thanks this is the one I’ve chosen actually!
Reply 3
Original post by Roseroserose1111

no worries! if you need any help with dorian gray (finding critics etc) feel free send me a message as i’ve done it for prose :smile:
Original post by k6naki
no worries! if you need any help with dorian gray (finding critics etc) feel free send me a message as i’ve done it for prose :smile:

ooh that sounds really cool! I just started coursework so don't actually know exactly what I might need for it. do you have any quotes/critics or anything really that you think might relate to a little life? thank you!!
Original post by Roseroserose1111

hiya its okay if you dont want to tell me but i was wondering what theme you're comparing between these two books? i dont start coursework for another year but was also thinking of doing these books,, thank you !!
Original post by darknightingale3
hiya its okay if you dont want to tell me but i was wondering what theme you're comparing between these two books? i dont start coursework for another year but was also thinking of doing these books,, thank you !!

Hi I’m doing my coursework now! What did you end up doing as I would like to do these too 😂!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending