The Student Room Group

universities for chemical engineering

i'm starting my a levels in sept 2023 and im currently looking through universities, specifically for the chemical engineering meng course.

my current choices are:
- imperial
- manchester
- edinburgh
- birmingham
- ucl

are these choices ok? i'm not really sure about edinburgh, birmingham and ucl though. also, if the uni offers, should i be taking the course with or without industrial training? kindly advise, thanks :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by adeline.g
i'm starting my a levels in sept 2023 and im currently looking through universities, specifically for the chemical engineering meng course.

my current choices are:
- imperial
- manchester
- edinburgh
- birmingham
- ucl

are these choices ok? i'm not really sure about edinburgh, birmingham and ucl though. also, if the uni offers, should i be taking the course with or without industrial training? kindly advise, thanks :smile:

Whilst I’d avoid Imperial as a matter of personal preference, there isn’t really anything wrong as such with your choices.

Provided your predicted grades and A level subjects meet (or exceed, in the case of predicted grades) the entry requirements, you should stand a good chance of getting an offer.

I’d say it’s a very good idea to get a year in industry/industrial training with chemical engineering. It should boost your employment chances afterwards.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2

my current choices are:
- imperial
- manchester
- edinburgh
- birmingham
- ucl

A bit early to be worrying about uni choices when you have not even started A-levels yet. Your choices will be heavily dependent on your A-level predictions, which you won’t have until maybe May next year.

my current choices are:
- imperial
- manchester
- edinburgh
- birmingham
- ucl

Hi,
My names Paddy, I’ve just graduated from Lancaster after doing their 4 year MEng course in Chemical Engineering. If you haven’t thought about Lancaster as a choice I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have or tell you about it 👍

Quick Reply

Latest