The Student Room Group

Would these help for arthitecture?

I recently chose my GSCE subjects, we have to do english, maths, science, re and pe, I chose: geography, DT product, enhanced maths( extra maths) and I have one spare option, should I chose art or triple science or graphic design?
I am trying to head to the job of arthitecture, which would help more?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by olivia._13
I recently chose my GSCE subjects, we have to do english, maths, science, re and pe, I chose: geography, DT product, enhanced maths( extra maths) and I have one spare option, should I chose art or triple science or graphic design?

i’m an a level student but i don’t have knowledge about architecture. however what’s useful is going into uni websites and going onto their courses, and then picking architecture or maths or a degree that can get you into the field of architecture, and it will tell you exactly what requirements you need. most unis don’t even care about gcses so i wouldn’t worry it about it too much, ur a level choices matters far more greatly
Original post by olivia._13

Subject choices don't matter too much at GCSE - having a broad range (of both science, humanities and arts) ensures that you don't rule out any A level choices if you change your mind about a career/degree later.

There is a thread showing the university A level entry requirements for architecture here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

A portfolio of creative work will be required by most unis during the application process so taking a creative subject at GCSE and then probably at A level will be helpful.
Reply 3
Ok thanks for the advice!

Original post by normaw
Subject choices don't matter too much at GCSE - having a broad range (of both science, humanities and arts) ensures that you don't rule out any A level choices if you change your mind about a career/degree later.

There is a thread showing the university A level entry requirements for architecture here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

A portfolio of creative work will be required by most unis during the application process so taking a creative subject at GCSE and then probably at A level will be helpful.
Reply 4
Original post by z8846
i’m an a level student but i don’t have knowledge about architecture. however what’s useful is going into uni websites and going onto their courses, and then picking architecture or maths or a degree that can get you into the field of architecture, and it will tell you exactly what requirements you need. most unis don’t even care about gcses so i wouldn’t worry it about it too much, ur a level choices matters far more greatly

Thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest