The Student Room Group

Looking for the 2022 AQA French Writing paper (GCSE)...

Hi, does anyone have a copy/document of the 2022 GSCE French writing paper for AQA that they could send me or post a link to?
Or if not, does anyone know what the question options were on? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by greenthing
Hi, does anyone have a copy/document of the 2022 GSCE French writing paper for AQA that they could send me or post a link to?

Hello!! I am a Y11 student however i sat the 2022 paper for my mock...as you may know the paper is divided into 3 themes. From what i recall the questions were:
Theme 1: Describe a recent sports event (150 words
Theme 2: Describe your region (advantages/disadvantages) 150 words
Theme 3 was removed from our mock as we had not completed all the content at the time
90 words included some peculiar bullet points: recent town event, your opinion on shopping, visit to a resturant. Unfortunately, i do not recall the other 90 words question as i had my mock in Early Feb
I answered the 90 words and the Theme 2 150 words on the region.
All in all the paper was good however i just wanted to ask if you had any predictions as to what they could potentially ask...i tried to look for patterns in recent past papers and it seems like they have pretty much asked everthing, that scares me as they could ask us a difficult question.
I really hope this helps and let me know if you have any predictions/suggestions!

Is this for mocks?
Reply 3
Original post by Talkative Toad
Is this for mocks?

They gave us the 2022 paper for our mocks
Original post by miya malik
They gave us the 2022 paper for our mocks

Ah no i meant for the OP.
Reply 5
Original post by Talkative Toad
Is this for mocks?

Not quite, I'm hoping to see how they word the questions for the themes, and how specific etc. (seems like they are getting a bit more specific I think? compared to 2018 ones at least), also to see which ones to focus less on
Reply 6
Not quite, I'm hoping to see how they word the questions for the themes, and how specific etc. (seems like they are getting a bit more specific I think? compared to 2018 ones at least), also to see which ones to focus less on

I'll probably still try to revise all of (or as much as I can) of the vocabulary because it might be in the translation though

Hello!! I am a Y11 student however i sat the 2022 paper for my mock...as you may know the paper is divided into 3 themes. From what i recall the questions were: ...

Thank you so much!

fair enough
Reply 8
... however i just wanted to ask if you had any predictions as to what they could potentially ask...i tried to look for patterns in recent past papers and it seems like they have pretty much asked everthing, that scares me as they could ask us a difficult question.

I think they are not very likely to do the exact same ones as last year but looking at the past ones, there is a chance they will do one even if it was in the year before... I don't know what the 90 mark ones were last year but if you exclude them then it looks like there hasn't been anything on social issues + global issues, technology, and festivals in a while? Not saying it will be them, but it might be worth making sure you are confident in them. Also free time activities because they can always split that into a specific question on just sports/cinema/music/hobbies etc.
That's all 100% guessing, but we can maybe safely rule out the 2022 ones like sports + region...?

I think they probably won't ask super tricky questions, I know that once it was on childhood/adolescence, but that was unusually specific and also I think no matter what the question, there is always a lot to say as long as you don't think about it too hard. Also, it's nice how you can bring vocab from one topic into a completely separate answer, so even if it was some stupid q like childhood, you can use vocab from all over the place - talking about childhood holidays, the school you went to, your childhood town etc. so I think I'll try to revise all of the vocab and maybe good phrases/sentence structures to with a gap so I can put relevant word to theme.

Good luck! I bet you will smash it (in a positive way)
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
I think they are not very likely to do the exact same ones as last year but looking at the past ones, there is a chance they will do one even if it was in the year before... I don't know what the 90 mark ones were last year but if you exclude them then it looks like there hasn't been anything on social issues + global issues, technology, and festivals in a while? Not saying it will be them, but it might be worth making sure you are confident in them. Also free time activities because they can always split that into a specific question on just sports/cinema/music/hobbies etc.
That's all 100% guessing, but we can maybe safely rule out the 2022 ones like sports + region...?

I think they probably won't ask super tricky questions, I know that once it was on childhood/adolescence, but that was unusually specific and also I think no matter what the question, there is always a lot to say as long as you don't think about it too hard. Also, it's nice how you can bring vocab from one topic into a completely separate answer, so even if it was some stupid q like childhood, you can use vocab from all over the place - talking about childhood holidays, the school you went to, your childhood town etc. so I think I'll try to revise all of the vocab and maybe good phrases/sentence structures to with a gap so I can put relevant word to theme.

Good luck! I bet you will smash it (in a positive way)

Thank you ever so much! These are some very accurate predictions which will help. Off course I will ensure that I revise every theme but as you mentioned, I will not be prioritising last years topics as I highly doubt they are set to appear again...i have a strange feeling that the Theme 2 question will be based on the environment/social issues for example homelessness/poverty etc....

Yes, revising vocab will definitely help you in every way regardless of the format of the question- your vocab probably is amazing but one thing that i would suggest (if you haven't already) is to add idioms- my teacher always told us to add idioms as this entices the examiner making them want to read more, it helps differentiate your work from others & if they enjoy the quality of your work they are more likely to give you the higher grades of 7,8,9s

Also ensure that you report back here after the exam to see whether our predictions were accurate!

Good Luck to you too!! Hope you do really well and get a grade 9! :smile:
Reply 10
.. i would suggest (if you haven't already) is to add idioms- my teacher always told us to add idioms as this entices the examiner making them want to read more, it helps differentiate your work from others & if they enjoy the quality of your work they are more likely to give you the higher grades of 7,8,9s ...

Ooh, idioms is a great idea!
These are the only ones I know:
c'est la fin des haricots - jokey/sarcastic way of saying 'it's the end of the world' if something happens
c'est un casse-tête - if something is annoying/inconvenient

I am reluctant to search for them online because there is a chance Google will tell me some that no French person has ever said, and I will lose marks for being unclear or something
Do you know any other good ones?
Reply 11
Hello, I am ever so sorry for the late response..too much French revision made me neglect the right balance!
Fortunately I know of a few since the internet does give some peculiar responses. You have some really good ones...here are a few I know of:
cracher dans la soupe-to ruin the party (for some reason I always seem to remember this as it reminds me of soup)
rôtir le balai- to live the high life ( you can incorporate this in the many aspects in your writing e.g. going shopping/outings with friends)
être une girouette-to change your mind all the time
jeter l'argent par des fenêtres-to throw money out of the window
ce n'est pas la mer à boire-it's not the end of the world

I really hope this helps! You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable to as it is quite confidential however do you have any predictions as to what sort or grade you think that you are going to attain/what grade you would like? Also, how are you feeling in terms of the French exam as i am quite literally panicking!
Reply 12
If it helps, Revision World have a lot of different past papers for different subjects and exam boards which you can download along with a markscheme
Reply 13
You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable to as it is quite confidential however do you have any predictions as to what sort or grade you think that you are going to attain/what grade you would like? Also, how are you feeling in terms of the French exam as i am quite literally panicking!

I'm aiming for an 8 I think. I won't be too broken up with a 7 but I will be sad if I get below that. - obviously would be delighted with a 9 but I don't want to be super overly ambitious and get my hopes up. I am definitely worried about my listening and oral grade, and even if I do well in my reading and writing, those two will probably drag the grade down a bit because I have never been that good at them.
I am pretty anxious about this one because I tend to lose track of time in exams where you write long answers, but I think my exam anxiety for the French writing is overshadowed by my anxiety about the English Language paper 1, because that is also on Monday, in the morning, and I didn't do very well in the English language mock.
How are you feeling about it? What kind of grade are you aiming for / predicted? (you don't have to answer if you don't want to as well!)
Hi do you any of you guys remember the bullet points for either of the 90 word questions for Paper 4 writing in June 2022?
(edited 10 months ago)
Yeah my year 10 mock is tomorrow does anyone know

Quick Reply

Latest