The Student Room Group

Lapse in focus and motivation

had a week off for half term after having my first 2 A- level exams I decided I would reward myself with a day off studying for Friday and I just never really got back into the flow of studying (now Wednesday) since on separate occasions both my friends and my sister persuaded me to relax, stay up late and play some games. I now need to get back into the zone but I've been experiencing a lot of anger and frustration during revision. I broke some stuff, made a huge mess of my room and the stress has been compounding and keeping me in a vicious cycle where revision is genuinely causing me extreme anger. I took some advice to go for a long walk as it will help soothe my mood, now after being able to release some of that stress (by talking to myself) I just want to get my head down and work but its going to be an extremely rough couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it goes, I hope everyone else in the same boat as me is getting on okay too and I hope you don't experience the same emotions I did.
Reply 1
Original post by Failureasaperson
had a week off for half term after having my first 2 A- level exams I decided I would reward myself with a day off studying for Friday and I just never really got back into the flow of studying (now Wednesday) since on separate occasions both my friends and my sister persuaded me to relax, stay up late and play some games. I now need to get back into the zone but I've been experiencing a lot of anger and frustration during revision. I broke some stuff, made a huge mess of my room and the stress has been compounding and keeping me in a vicious cycle where revision is genuinely causing me extreme anger. I took some advice to go for a long walk as it will help soothe my mood, now after being able to release some of that stress (by talking to myself) I just want to get my head down and work but its going to be an extremely rough couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it goes, I hope everyone else in the same boat as me is getting on okay too and I hope you don't experience the same emotions I did.

its okay, honestly it happens to the best of us . keep updates on this thread - people may not reply but they may be reading.
some advice i was told by my teacher - small wins . by that I mean give yourself a small goal whether that be to study for 30 min straight or watch a youtube video that explains a topic you really hate.
its going to be hard but push through
We are nearly done with Alevels , YOU GOT THIS !
Original post by spygirl123
its okay, honestly it happens to the best of us . keep updates on this thread - people may not reply but they may be reading.
some advice i was told by my teacher - small wins . by that I mean give yourself a small goal whether that be to study for 30 min straight or watch a youtube video that explains a topic you really hate.
its going to be hard but push through
We are nearly done with Alevels , YOU GOT THIS !

Thank you so much I really needed to hear this. I'm grateful knowing there are people like you to support me, I think being isolated a lot whilst trying to study can be extremely depressing. As soon as my brain goes into full exam mode that means I've got the hardest part out of the way which is feeling frustrated all the time and being unable to revise

Quick Reply

Latest