The Student Room Group

Looking For a Job

I'm 16, currently awaiting my GCSE results (haven't even finished them yet but still). I'm planning on going into Medicine in the future, more specifically OBs/Gynae.
I want to get experience or a job or volunteering that would help me.
Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Any job is a great job when it comes to getting experience especially one with a lot of customer service so like in a shop or cafe as med schools like interpersonal skills and communication. Medicine wise I’d recommend volunteering in a hospital or local medical centre or even a care home as it shows great initiative. Also your local medical centre/ hospital may offer work experience days these are great as you can spend a day in the department of your choice, I did a day in dermatology. Anything with people always helps as med schools are really looking for someone that has clear concise communication as it’s a big part of the job. Hope this helps and good luck
Reply 2
Original post by eri.d
Any job is a great job when it comes to getting experience especially one with a lot of customer service so like in a shop or cafe as med schools like interpersonal skills and communication. Medicine wise I’d recommend volunteering in a hospital or local medical centre or even a care home as it shows great initiative. Also your local medical centre/ hospital may offer work experience days these are great as you can spend a day in the department of your choice, I did a day in dermatology. Anything with people always helps as med schools are really looking for someone that has clear concise communication as it’s a big part of the job. Hope this helps and good luck

Okay thank youu!
Reply 3
Try seeing if your nearby hospital has volunteering options. You just need to go on their website and find their volunteering department. Also try care homes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending