The Student Room Group

Part-time jobs whilst at Aberystwyth

Hi, I was wondering what it was like for students trying to get jobs whilst at Aberystwyth Uni for part-time roles close by and for those who have worked previously in retail and hospitality? 😊
Original post by dottiewriting
Hi, I was wondering what it was like for students trying to get jobs whilst at Aberystwyth Uni for part-time roles close by and for those who have worked previously in retail and hospitality? 😊

Id look at websites such as indeed.com There are a lot of jobs on there. Also look at companies own websites. Some companies (E.G. tesco, mcdonalds etc etc) have their vacancies on the careers section of their websites.
Id imagine there would be a lot of shops/supermarkets/hospitality type stuff etc round Aberystwyth.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
Id look at websites such as indeed.com There are a lot of jobs on there. Also look at companies own websites. Some companies (E.G. tesco, mcdonalds etc etc) have their vacancies on the careers section of their websites.
Id imagine there would be a lot of shops/supermarkets/hospitality type stuff etc round Aberystwyth.

Thank you so much for your reply :smile:

Hi there,

Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador here! Emma is absolutely right we do have plenty of jobs in town in shops, restaurants and cafes and these are often advertised on websites like Indeed.com but also on Facebook Job Advert groups. The other option is the AberWorks scheme we have that allows students to get roles within the university such as ambassador, hospitality, cleaning, library or research roles.

If you have any other questions do ask!

Laurie 🙂
Hiya!

It’s great to hear that you are looking for a job - I think it is great to get a part time job as a student, as you get to gain some experience, add more to your CV and earn some extra money on the side. All of this is ideal as long as you can also find a job that is accommodating to the student lifestyle i.e not too many hours and / or late nights. Even though I am based in Leicester hopefully this still helpful advise 🙂

As Laurie has already mentioned I would recommend getting in contact with your Career’s Team at the university and looking at the university website for student jobs. By speaking to the career's team they can inform you on any jobs within the university and possibly what's available in the area. For example, at De Montfort University we have Student Ambassador jobs (which is one of my part time jobs) and this role is incredibly flexible, optional and enjoyable as I have had some incredible opportunities presented to me through this role.

I would also recommend looking at some websites such as Indeed, LinkedIn, Unitemps and even Facebook.

I would suggest walking around with copies of CV in Aberystwyth to see if you can leave it anywhere because even if there is no part time work currently available there may be some soon or even temporary seasonal work. This may seem quite intimidating but the worse they can say is no, and I am sure they can relate to a time when they were looking for work.

Why not also, ask around at university to your friends and peers perhaps they know of some work available.

I hope this helps, and I am sure something will be available
-Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending