The Student Room Group

End of y12 mocks for UCAS

I just want to know what should I do if they dont go well..and I dont have the necessary grades for uni...should I not bother applying because I am pretty sure any medical courses etc dont have clearing, and I know its hard and I do think I can get the grades i need, i just dont think iw ill be able to get them rn cause frankly this is not an excuse...i am responsible for my own actions...but my mental health has been very poor and dealing with that ontop of my own issues staying focused-----meant i didnt apprach revision in teh right way and that resulted in me not doing enough to get the gardes i wnat .... i know that every student goes through this but literally its a battle for me to sit for 30min...i have tried dfiffernt techniques but i just get distracted so easily and then it leads to me procastinating because i am so appalled at myself....any advise would be appreciated and i know i sound whiny but i am grateful for what i have ...like my attention span is like that of a child...i dont know why i cant just get what i wnat done when i wnat done,, its not for lack of trying, which is hwy it is frustrating and i am going to sit my exams that will be used for UCAS in a few days and i know i ma uspposed to stay clam but i cnat help but panic...sorry for rambling
Reply 1
going through same stress here. ur defo not alone ! Think of all the good things that are going to happen to you if you get the right grades; getting into med school, not having to take a gap year, get into your dream uni, instead of worrying about the bad things that could happen to you if you DID'NT get the right grades ! Watch last minute cramming videos they are kind of motivating.
Original post by wilderose
going through same stress here. ur defo not alone ! Think of all the good things that are going to happen to you if you get the right grades; getting into med school, not having to take a gap year, get into your dream uni, instead of worrying about the bad things that could happen to you if you DID'NT get the right grades ! Watch last minute cramming videos they are kind of motivating.

thanks so much, yup im glad im not suffering alone...ur right , i hsould try to think poisitve and hope for the best instaed of the worst....ill try that
Reply 3
Original post by Chickenunicorn17
thanks so much, yup im glad im not suffering alone...ur right , i hsould try to think poisitve and hope for the best instaed of the worst....ill try that

aspiring meds struggles lol. Myself I am on TSR instead of revising 😂 and Ig convince you teachers to predict you AAA and even if there is no clearing apply next year if you miss your offers ?
aspiring meds struggles lol. Myself I am on TSR instead of revising 😂 and Ig convince you teachers to predict you AAA and even if there is no clearing apply next year if you miss your offers ?

true--ibtw if u dont mind me asking what is TSR.....my teachers dont rlly know me----its only been a year and the classes ae big but it never hurts to try.i guess so---we will seeeee....after all i havent gotten reuslts yet etc
Reply 5
true--ibtw if u dont mind me asking what is TSR.....my teachers dont rlly know me----its only been a year and the classes ae big but it never hurts to try.i guess so---we will seeeee....after all i havent gotten reuslts yet etc

The Student Room 😂❤️
Lmk how it goes
The Student Room 😂❤️
Lmk how it goes

oh yeaaaaaa...🤭i can be a bit silly sometimes
sure....anyhow wbu....like r u in y12 doing mocks too...and which unis if any u wnat to go into and what med r u interested in ....
(edited 10 months ago)

The Student Room 😂❤️
Lmk how it goes

Also i dont know if it is my brain or hwat but in a hall with evryone i just kinda panic..like my hands shake and i sometimes cnat bretahe and hearing evryone writing makes my brain go into overdrive cause i keep comparing myself to them , especilaly in eng lit wriintg....my exmas start on tuesday but do u htink its worth me emialing on monday etc to see if they can get me in a room on my own so i cna owrk ...i know it might nto help but i know for usreit wont make anyhting worse...but i dont know if they would take my reuqest srsly...like every studnet goes through this and stuff.....what do ya think...it has affected my results--i typically lose 10-15 marks because of this panic clouding my mind--i know cause out of exam afyer looking at the paper i dont know how i could have made those mistakes -these are sperarte from trick qs etc , t----
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8

Also i dont know if it is my brain or hwat but in a hall with evryone i just kinda panic..like my hands shake and i sometimes cnat bretahe and hearing evryone writing makes my brain go into overdrive cause i keep comparing myself to them , especilaly in eng lit wriintg....my exmas start on tuesday but do u htink its worth me emialing on monday etc to see if they can get me in a room on my own so i cna owrk ...i know it might nto help but i know for usreit wont make anyhting worse...but i dont know if they would take my reuqest srsly...like every studnet goes through this and stuff.....what do ya think...it has affected my results--i typically lose 10-15 marks because of this panic clouding my mind--i know cause out of exam afyer looking at the paper i dont know how i could have made those mistakes -these are sperarte from trick qs etc , t----

don't worry. Yh yr 12 and mocks this week, hooray !!
London unis: queen mary, st georges, imperial + Bristol
Gynaecology, GP or Geriatrics (i picked all G's imao)
Maybe, Idk if they could actually do that but it is always worth asking !
don't worry. Yh yr 12 and mocks this week, hooray !!
London unis: queen mary, st georges, imperial + Bristol
Gynaecology, GP or Geriatrics (i picked all G's imao)
Maybe, Idk if they could actually do that but it is always worth asking !

thanks...and i think they can cuase they have done it before...yup hoorayyyyy
Reply 10
thanks...and i think they can cuase they have done it before...yup hoorayyyyy

that's great then ! I don"t think my school would've that's why I said that (they would've said smth like: u need to get used to it because you need to sit exams etc...) Good that your school is more understanding :smile:
that's great then ! I don"t think my school would've that's why I said that (they would've said smth like: u need to get used to it because you need to sit exams etc...) Good that your school is more understanding :smile:

thanks....but thats what i have heard , idk if they actually will.......my old school though was super nice and although i idint at the time, they offered different room for studnets who got a little more overhwlemed........some schools really need to strat prioritsing the wellbeing of studnets

Quick Reply

Latest