The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Your favourite place in Leicester?

Hi everyone,

Freshers is over, lectures are happening, and you’ve hopefully had the chance to explore your uni city. Whether it’s your first year in Leicester, or your last, there is so much to do in this historic city that it’s tricky to know where to start.

We’ve got our own recommendations but we’d love to hear your some of your favourite places. From the best places to hang with friends to delicious (and cheap!) student eats, comment your recommendations, and help your fellow Leicester students!
Original post by StudentRoost Rep
Hi everyone,

Freshers is over, lectures are happening, and you’ve hopefully had the chance to explore your uni city. Whether it’s your first year in Leicester, or your last, there is so much to do in this historic city that it’s tricky to know where to start.

We’ve got our own recommendations but we’d love to hear your some of your favourite places. From the best places to hang with friends to delicious (and cheap!) student eats, comment your recommendations, and help your fellow Leicester students!

Hi!

There is so much to do in Leicester; where do I begin?
One of my favourite things about Leicester is the huge amount of food options. There are so many amazing food places. One of my personal favourites is St Martins Coffee shop! I love to go their for a nice coffee or brunch with friends. There are so many independent food places and big name ones too so there is something for everyone! 🙂

Another favourite thing to do is visit the little independent shops in Leicester with my friends. Some of my favourites include Set, Very Bazaar and Just. These shops have such amazing jewellery and trinkets and are great for gifts. Amazing for Christmas coming up! 😀

Hope this helps!
Hannah 🐻
De Montfort Student Ambassador
Msc Psychological Wellbeing Student
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by StudentRoost Rep
Hi everyone,

Hiya!

I love the idea for this thread and can’t wait to read the responses might even learn about something new!

Places to eat
As Hannah mentioned above there are so many various food options in Leicester - I try and go out every other month with my friends to try something new and have a good time eating delicious food.* Some of my recommendations are:
-KAI (Known for its amazing pancakes)
-Pai (Italian)
-Mowgli Street food (Indian)
-Cosy Club
-Zizzi (Italian)
-Doughnotts (pretty self explanatory - serve delicious unique doughnuts)
-St. Martins Square coffee shop

Places I still need to try on my list
-Tamatanga (Indian)
-Fluffy Fluffy Leicester (pancakes)
-Bodega (South American)
-Bistrot Pierre (French)

As well as food there is plenty of stuff to keep you entertained in the city such as
-Treetop Adventure golf (Do student discount)
-Roxy Ball Room (new to Leicester a bar which has it all: bowling, crazy pool, batting cages, karaoke and much more)
-Caddyshackers (mini golf, VR escape and axe throwing also offers student discount)
-East Street Lanes (bowling, student discount)
-Showcase Cinema
-Lane7 (mini golf and bowling)
-Escape Leicester (escape rooms)
-Leicester Tiger Rugby Club
-Leicester Football Club

Leicester itself is full of shops ranging from high street brands such as: Primark, H&M, Zara, JD Sports, Boots and Footasylum to independent shops such as: Super Game Shack, Leicester Vintage & Old Toy Shop, Vintage Scene Leicester, Set and White Rose.

Hope this helps for anyone thinking about coming to Leicester and those who are already here! Would love to hear other recommendations

-Maddie, second year health and wellbeing student at De Montfort University
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending