The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Will I get an offer?

My current predicted grades are ABB.
My favourite Uni by far in Lancaster, and I really want to go there; the offer Lancaster's webpage says for History is AAB.

Should I even bother putting Lancaster down, as I am not sure if I will get any sort of offer if I am not currently meeting the grades.
It’s usually recommended to apply to at least one choice above your predictions, so if you’re keen, yes, you should apply.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
My current predicted grades are ABB.
My favourite Uni by far in Lancaster, and I really want to go there; the offer Lancaster's webpage says for History is AAB.

Should I even bother putting Lancaster down, as I am not sure if I will get any sort of offer if I am not currently meeting the grades.

Hey Anon,

I was in the same position as you when applying, and I had one grade down from what I needed to get onto my course! This is where things like your personal statement really come into play - if you haven't already, start getting involved with volunteering, clubs, forums, events, anything you can relate to studying history (soft skills are really valuable as well, so you can talk about things that might not seem super related to history at a glance!). Even just dropping in your favourite historical documentary or a TED Talk you've watched recently can add some personality and show them you're really passionate about the subject!

Universities also understand that predicted grades are just that - predicted! Loads of people do even better in their exams than expected, and that's what conditional offers and the clearing process are for.

I'd definitely go for it and put Lancaster down as an application choice if you're really keen and you feel like it's the uni for you - five options is plenty to work with, and ABB grades are definitely impressive, so you'll have options no matter what! For me, I'm so glad that I took the risk with applying to Lancaster, and I haven't regretted it once!

Good luck and hope this helps!

Millie
Lancaster Student Ambassador, 3rd Year Psychology BSc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending