The Student Room Group

book recommendations

Hey, so I haven't read a book in AGES and I adore any kind of dystopia, end of the world, apocalypse... kind of books (like maze runner, war of the worlds, hunger games, the 100 series...) and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of book similar to those thx.
I'd recommend The Machine Stops by E.M Forster, it is set in a world where humans no longer live above ground as the air is poisonous but now live deep underground in solitary cells and it's in an anthology of short stories called E.M Forster's Selected Stories, you can get it on Amazon. Also, another good book is Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, that's really good, I would tell you what it's about but then by doing so, I would spoil the story.
Original post by purple_1710
Hey, so I haven't read a book in AGES and I adore any kind of dystopia, end of the world, apocalypse... kind of books (like maze runner, war of the worlds, hunger games, the 100 series...) and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of book similar to those thx.

The books by lisa stone are deffo worth a try.
They are amazing.
Reply 3
I can recommend you to read trilogy fiction book series: Life in The Gorbals Book. It is written by experience published author, Kate Donne. It is the story of boy, despite his lack of confidence, he overcomes every obstacle in his path with determination and a sharp, witty sense of humors.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending