The Student Room Group

Gcse english language paper 1 2023

Someone help me plspslpsls
i picked the zoo picture for q5, but i didnt write about the picture for my whole “description suggested by the picture”. I wrote about it at first but then i ran out of things to say and i couldnt think so i said my main character left the zoo and i wrote about things that werent in the picture for the rest. Am i gonna get marked down?????
Reply 1
Umm, no, I don't think so. I think the zoo certainly needs to be included as much as possible, but I mean, the picture's mainly there to help you get started/have ideas to write about something. It's not like you just wrote a story that had nothing to do with a zoo and nothing to do with the storyline of "a person meeting an animal". You did include the zoo so I think you're gonna be fine. You did your best in the moment, nothing can be changed. Tell yourself 'well done' and try to move on. :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Happy Notes
Umm, no, I don't think so. I think the zoo certainly needs to be included as much as possible, but I mean, the picture's mainly there to help you get started/have ideas to write about something. It's not like you just wrote a story that had nothing to do with a zoo and nothing to do with the storyline of "a person meeting an animal". You did include the zoo so I think you're gonna be fine. You did your best in the moment, nothing can be changed. Tell yourself 'well done' and try to move on. :smile:

THANK U SM. So do u think it’s possible for me to get top marks if what i wrote was hitting the mark scheme as needed but it wasn’t fully about the picture the whole time?? Or do u have to write about it all the way to get full marks? or is it like the more u write about the picture the higher marks you’ll get? i looked at the mark scheme but i’m still worried. What do u think?
Reply 3
Original post by Ieena
THANK U SM. So do u think it’s possible for me to get top marks if what i wrote was hitting the mark scheme as needed but it wasn’t fully about the picture the whole time?? Or do u have to write about it all the way to get full marks? or is it like the more u write about the picture the higher marks you’ll get? i looked at the mark scheme but i’m still worried. What do u think?

I'm no expert, but I honestly don't think it matters that you didn't talk the whole time about the zoo picture. I'm sure as long as the zoo is just included somewhere in your story then it's fine. And as far as I know, if your writing is top quality... you're going to get all the marks you deserve. Doesn't matter if your writing is good and the WHOLE thing is on the zoo, or if you're writing is good and only half is on the zoo, I think they're going to give you the same amount of marks. The whole point of the picture is to help you, to give you a starting point to write about. I don't know any rule that says "if you choose the picture, you are only allowed to write about the picture". I mean, what are you supposed to do, just talk about what you see ? That's a bit limiting. Surely you're allowed to add things that aren't there in order to better incorporate the picture into your story. Someone please enlighten me if I'm wrong, but this is certainly what I believe. Honestly, don't worry about it.
Reply 4
Original post by Happy Notes
I'm no expert, but I honestly don't think it matters that you didn't talk the whole time about the zoo picture. I'm sure as long as the zoo is just included somewhere in your story then it's fine. And as far as I know, if your writing is top quality... you're going to get all the marks you deserve. Doesn't matter if your writing is good and the WHOLE thing is on the zoo, or if you're writing is good and only half is on the zoo, I think they're going to give you the same amount of marks. The whole point of the picture is to help you, to give you a starting point to write about. I don't know any rule that says "if you choose the picture, you are only allowed to write about the picture". I mean, what are you supposed to do, just talk about what you see ? That's a bit limiting. Surely you're allowed to add things that aren't there in order to better incorporate the picture into your story. Someone please enlighten me if I'm wrong, but this is certainly what I believe. Honestly, don't worry about it.

Thank you sm you don’t realise how much better this makes me feel🥺this has literally been on my mind since i walked out of that exam so much so that i made an account on here just to ask someone😭😭but thanks ima be able to sleep now a bit better i hope🙏🏼🙏🏼
Reply 5
Original post by Ieena
Thank you sm you don’t realise how much better this makes me feel🥺this has literally been on my mind since i walked out of that exam so much so that i made an account on here just to ask someone😭😭but thanks ima be able to sleep now a bit better i hope🙏🏼🙏🏼

Aww, don't worry, I'm sure it'll all be okay. Don't worry and make sure you get a good night's sleep tonight. 🤗

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending