The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Rosebery vs Nutford House - Accommodation

Hi,

I hope you're all good - I have received an offer to study MsC Economic History starting this Sept, and in need of accommodation naturally. Only thing is, on the LSE site, two places are available, Rosebery or Nutford ... whats everyone's opinion on the two? I don't necessarily need to be with post grads (happy to mix!) and the social side does matter :smile:

Outside of these two official LSE halls, which 'private' but social residences are there to explore?

Thanks
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Here is a tour of Rosebery:

Good location, but you have a walk to King's Cross tube station.

The food and atmosphere is better at Nutford House.

Also, Nutford is only 40 students and feels like one big close family living together and you will get to know everybody. :smile:

More importantly you can catch the tube train from Marble Arch and go directly to Holborn at LSE within 10-15 minutes.

So I would choose Nutford House!!! :biggrin:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by mayweather23
Hi,
I hope you're all good - I have received an offer to study MsC Economic History starting this Sept, and in need of accommodation naturally. Only thing is, on the LSE site, two places are available, Rosebery or Nutford ... whats everyone's opinion on the two? I don't necessarily need to be with post grads (happy to mix!) and the social side does matter :smile:
Outside of these two official LSE halls, which 'private' but social residences are there to explore?
Thanks
Hello! I've been accepted to the same programme for the upcoming year, and I'm wondering the same thing as you were! Which accommodation did you end up going to? Also, I've been a bit confused as to how long a contract is needed for MSc Economic History? Is it a 50-week course, and does that mean it's necessary with a 50-week contract? Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending