The Student Room Group

A level Edexcel English lit coursework

Hi, I'm starting my english coursework for A level and I'm unsure of what novels I could compare Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier with. I need a novel that is easy to read and has lots of similarities and differences with Rebecca. Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by Maeen
Hi, I'm starting my english coursework for A level and I'm unsure of what novels I could compare Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier with. I need a novel that is easy to read and has lots of similarities and differences with Rebecca. Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated!

Jane Eyre? Also has a young woman marrying an older rich man only to discover a dark secret surrounding his past marriage.
Reply 2
Original post by Twylaish
Jane Eyre? Also has a young woman marrying an older rich man only to discover a dark secret surrounding his past marriage.

Unfortunately, I did Jane Eyre for GCSE so I won't be able to do that. But thank you for replying anyway!
Reply 3
Original post by Maeen
Unfortunately, I did Jane Eyre for GCSE so I won't be able to do that. But thank you for replying anyway!

You could try something by Margret Atwood maybe? Her books also have quite a few mistreated women in.
Reply 4
Ohh okay, i'll try that, thank you so much!
Original post by Maeen

Hi! You may have made a decision by now but maybe something by Emily or Anne Bronte if you've done Jane Eyre? Maybe even Austen or Shelley? Woman in White could also work. Something more modern like Gone Girl too?
Reply 6
Original post by misseuropa
Hi! You may have made a decision by now but maybe something by Emily or Anne Bronte if you've done Jane Eyre? Maybe even Austen or Shelley? Woman in White could also work. Something more modern like Gone Girl too?

Hi, sorry for replying so late. I decided to compare it with Wuthering Heights but reading it was so hard but i got through it in the end. If anyone has any comparisons I could make between the two, that would be much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending