The Student Room Group

Phone call in GCSE Exam

So, took my biology paper 2 today, and my phone rang whilst in my pocket.

They have no evidence it was mine, but I did make eye contact with one of the invigilators as i was subtly turning it off. I had absolutely no idea it was even on me. In all honesty, I thought i’d left it at home, but i suppose myself pre-exam wanted to take my mobile for safety precautions whilst I was walking to school.

Someone called me twice in a row, issuing the ‘emergency bypass’ and so I got the full call with the noise.

Worried and stressed about this, but haven’t really found an answer on the forum. Was hoping to get some advice.

I haven’t talked with any members of the teacher body or exam invigilators.
Reply 1
Original post by sillystudent52
So, took my biology paper 2 today, and my phone rang whilst in my pocket.

They have no evidence it was mine, but I did make eye contact with one of the invigilators as i was subtly turning it off. I had absolutely no idea it was even on me. In all honesty, I thought i’d left it at home, but i suppose myself pre-exam wanted to take my mobile for safety precautions whilst I was walking to school.

Someone called me twice in a row, issuing the ‘emergency bypass’ and so I got the full call with the noise.

Worried and stressed about this, but haven’t really found an answer on the forum. Was hoping to get some advice.

I haven’t talked with any members of the teacher body or exam invigilators.

If no-one challenged you before you left school then you are probably OK. Weren't you told to check pockets?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
If no-one challenged you before you left school then you are probably OK. Weren't you told to check pockets?

Yeah, I was. Stupidly I didn’t, thinking more about last-minute revision rather than if my phone was on me.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest