The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

if I miss my offer by a grade will they be likely to let me in?

Ive ended up with my offers all the same grades so was wondering will Exeter flex slightly on results day?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Ive ended up with my offers all the same grades so was wondering will Exeter flex slightly on results day?
That will depend on uni. On results day, they may be lenient with the one grade, or you may apply through clearing - universities are more flexible with their entry requirements on results day.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2

That's not really something that can be answered now. Universities in general tend to be more or less lenient on results day depending on how many people they got that made the offer and how many additional spaces they have left after that. If they have a lot of spare spaces, they may be lenient but if they don't then they may not be. So it all depends on the day. As Bankai said though, if you miss your offer but still want to attend Exeter it may be worth looking at if there are any places going through clearing on the day.

I’m a current first year and I know quite a few people (including myself) who missed their offer and still got in.
That being said, they were more generous in 2023 due to the higher grade boundaries.
Places will first go to people who met their offers, but afterwards if they’ve got places they’ll defo consider applicants who slightly missed their offer.
It’s not something to rely on, but from my experience Exeter doesn’t put many places into clearing and prefers to take someone who firmed/insured them but missed slightly :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

I know this forum was from like a month ago but im a fresher at Exeter and I missed my AAA offer and got AAC and they still let me in- im not even joking but no one I know apart from like 2 people actually made there AAA offer on results day, most people got around the AAB, ABB, A*AB etc, mark and were still let in with their AAA offer. Then again 2023 grade boundaries were shockingly high but it'll just depend on the day (if your course requires a specific a level with a specific grade then they probably won't let you in if you don't make that), but from my personal experience and my friends and flat mates, pretty much all of us were one or two grades below so you are very likely to get in if you slightly miss your offer- then again it is pretty much just down to grade boundaries on results day, best of luck though!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending