The Student Room Group

how can i focus on my business coursework?

I DONT KNOW HOW TO FOCUS. WELP PLEASEEEE. im kinda behind on my business coursework and at this point im feeling so unmovitated to work on it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
WELP. I understand entirely what this is like. I would try the 5,4,3,2,1 method. Do 5 minutes and give yourself a minute break to get a drink. Do ten minutes and give yourself two minutes. etc. I think it's important to reflect on your goals and write out your objectives for the day. Tick them off as you go along e.g. complete 200 words. This helps me! (:
Reply 2
Original post by K.online.
WELP. I understand entirely what this is like. I would try the 5,4,3,2,1 method. Do 5 minutes and give yourself a minute break to get a drink. Do ten minutes and give yourself two minutes. etc. I think it's important to reflect on your goals and write out your objectives for the day. Tick them off as you go along e.g. complete 200 words. This helps me! (:

right im gonna do that and probs gonna delete my social media cuz theyre so distracting. TYSM.
Reply 3

I just thought that im the only person struggling
Reply 4
Original post by jporter896
right im gonna do that and probs gonna delete my social media cuz theyre so distracting. TYSM.

Good luck! I'm revising for chemistry so I need to log off everything, and you should too. I'll come back later and see how it's going!
Reply 5
Good luck! I'm revising for chemistry so I need to log off everything, and you should too. I'll come back later and see how it's going!

good luck with your chemstry, so over the weekend i ask my mum to change my phone passcode to prevent me from using too much social media and my mum became brutal about it as she wont even tell me passcode. Now i lost all my snap streaks :/. BUT Im glad i did that because i acc done alot of my business coursework over the weekend. dying to have my passcode lol. How ur chemstry revision going.
Reply 6
good luck with your chemstry, so over the weekend i ask my mum to change my phone passcode to prevent me from using too much social media and my mum became brutal about it as she wont even tell me passcode. Now i lost all my snap streaks :/. BUT Im glad i did that because i acc done alot of my business coursework over the weekend. dying to have my passcode lol. How ur chemstry revision going.

That is harsh but I'm certain it helped in the long-run! I might be a stranger to you, but I'm proud that you managed to get through your coursework. I myself did plenty of chemistry revision in preparation for today. I sat the exam at 9.00 this morning and it honestly felt like a breeze up until the last two questions (quantitative chemistry). Personally I'm quite happy with how I revised and my struggle wasn't reflective of that. Next time I'd recommend doing some revision out in the sun. The weather has been lovely recently and has helped me to concentrate and feel healthy.
Reply 7
That is harsh but I'm certain it helped in the long-run! I might be a stranger to you, but I'm proud that you managed to get through your coursework. I myself did plenty of chemistry revision in preparation for today. I sat the exam at 9.00 this morning and it honestly felt like a breeze up until the last two questions (quantitative chemistry). Personally I'm quite happy with how I revised and my struggle wasn't reflective of that. Next time I'd recommend doing some revision out in the sun. The weather has been lovely recently and has helped me to concentrate and feel healthy.

Yea iT wAS HarSH. I may revise in outdoor becuase i was struggling to revise inside my bedroom where it was rlly hot there. I hope you get the result you want because im sure you aced it. ano im stranger 2 u but im so proud that you managed to done chemstry. Was it alevel or GCSE? I did chemstry SAS GCSE and i loved it.
Reply 8
Yea iT wAS HarSH. I may revise in outdoor becuase i was struggling to revise inside my bedroom where it was rlly hot there. I hope you get the result you want because im sure you aced it. ano im stranger 2 u but im so proud that you managed to done chemstry. Was it alevel or GCSE? I did chemstry SAS GCSE and i loved it.

Yes you don't want to revise whilst you're uncomfortable otherwise you won't be able to concentrate. Don't do what I did and give yourself terrible sun burn LMAO. I do AQA GCSE chemistry and I'm feeling pretty positive about it, but I will be taking it for A-levels as I wish to pursue medicine. How is business going?
Reply 9
Yes you don't want to revise whilst you're uncomfortable otherwise you won't be able to concentrate. Don't do what I did and give yourself terrible sun burn LMAO. I do AQA GCSE chemistry and I'm feeling pretty positive about it, but I will be taking it for A-levels as I wish to pursue medicine. How is business going?

the business coursework is going good actually becuase for the first time im acc ahead of every1. And DW i wont get sun burns bec i get tan easily. yea ano im very blessed lmao. I hope you get to chemstry a level. Do you have anymore exams. My last exam will be on this Thursday and i just cannot wait to finish the exam.
Reply 10
the business coursework is going good actually becuase for the first time im acc ahead of every1. And DW i wont get sun burns bec i get tan easily. yea ano im very blessed lmao. I hope you get to chemstry a level. Do you have anymore exams. My last exam will be on this Thursday and i just cannot wait to finish the exam.

I tan easily too but I forgot suncream. Well done on your business coursework though, I'm thrilled for you! It must feel amazing to be one step ahead of the others in your subject. What are you doing it for exactly, or what is the subject? Also, yes, I have plenty more exams, but just two more this week (physics and Englis lit). Good luck on your exam. (:
Reply 11
I tan easily too but I forgot suncream. Well done on your business coursework though, I'm thrilled for you! It must feel amazing to be one step ahead of the others in your subject. What are you doing it for exactly, or what is the subject? Also, yes, I have plenty more exams, but just two more this week (physics and Englis lit). Good luck on your exam. (:

Yea i mostly forgor sunscreen as well luv. Im doing 3 BTEC Level 3 which is equivalent to 3 A-level. I'm doing CPLD (Children's Play, Learning and Development), Health and social care and Business. So far I've done all the Health and social care exam and now I'm starting the year 14 work which is coursework. The exam on this thursday is CPLD. I think I'm really prepared for it. I already done the business exam last 2 weeks ago and at the moment I'm doing coursework for business.

God good luck with eng lit because i hated english. (but i managed to achieve C star in English lol) and OMG i miss physics. It used to be my favourite subject. We're nearly finish with the exams. just couple more left . :h:
sometimes you can't force yourself to be motivated and that's ok. try and think about the long term goals you want and how working now will make life easier later.

if you still lack motivation, just stay disciplined. you don't need motivation to work but you need discipline.

sit down, use a pomodoro timer and do chunks of like 30 mins with 5 minute breaks to refresh yourself. don't use your phone in these short breaks tho, go outside and stretch or something.

this advice is rich coming from me though lol i have my physics a level tomorrow and am on here instead of revising. its calm tho. good work and best of luck
Reply 13
Original post by user8937264980
sometimes you can't force yourself to be motivated and that's ok. try and think about the long term goals you want and how working now will make life easier later.

if you still lack motivation, just stay disciplined. you don't need motivation to work but you need discipline.

sit down, use a pomodoro timer and do chunks of like 30 mins with 5 minute breaks to refresh yourself. don't use your phone in these short breaks tho, go outside and stretch or something.

this advice is rich coming from me though lol i have my physics a level tomorrow and am on here instead of revising. its calm tho. good work and best of luck

yea i sort of need to stop procrastination becuase i usually do those. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PHYSICS ALEVEL TMR. My best mate are doing physics tmr. ru doing AS phsycics unit 2 which starts half 1 tmr. Heard my mate told me that its hard for him.
(edited 11 months ago)
THANKS nah i'm doing the actual a level but paper 1 which is just all AS content.
Reply 15
Yea i mostly forgor sunscreen as well luv. Im doing 3 BTEC Level 3 which is equivalent to 3 A-level. I'm doing CPLD (Children's Play, Learning and Development), Health and social care and Business. So far I've done all the Health and social care exam and now I'm starting the year 14 work which is coursework. The exam on this thursday is CPLD. I think I'm really prepared for it. I already done the business exam last 2 weeks ago and at the moment I'm doing coursework for business.

God good luck with eng lit because i hated english. (but i managed to achieve C star in English lol) and OMG i miss physics. It used to be my favourite subject. We're nearly finish with the exams. just couple more left . :h:

Those sound like some brilliant courses. May I ask where you want to take them? I wanted to take H&S for GCSE but stuck to triple science and business studies, which I will take in A-levels as well as biology/chemistry. How did you find the business exam? Was it difficult? My highest grade is in business but I'm fearing English lit.
Reply 16
Those sound like some brilliant courses. May I ask where you want to take them? I wanted to take H&S for GCSE but stuck to triple science and business studies, which I will take in A-levels as well as biology/chemistry. How did you find the business exam? Was it difficult? My highest grade is in business but I'm fearing English lit.

I did business and communication GCSE which is kinda bit different from Business studies. The exam was so easy for me as i achieved B in business enviroment setting and B in introducing business (like making websites for buisness). However there was another unit which i always failed badly becuase it was IT thingy where i had to make database and charts but thankfully the Exam board took them off becuase of the COVID-19.

I'm interested into becoming primary teacher for deaf pupil (i have hearing impairment where im half deaf. although im fully deaf when i dont wear cochlear implant) because i have level 1-3 qualification for signing language BSL (British Sign Language) or becoming a social worker for disability team. I love to work with young deaf children as i work for Deaf youth club as youth worker working with young children (4-11 years old) and they're so creativity.

Also, i think i should let you know that you DON'T have to have H&S GCSE to do HSC A-Level or BTEC. I didnt have HSC GCSE either and I managed to get BTEC health and social care.

English lit is hard espically that i struggle the most is managing my time during the exam. I would advise you to plan timing suitable such as doing question 1 for 45 min and doing question 2 for an hour and doing question 3 for half hour... ect.
Reply 17
Original post by user8937264980
THANKS nah i'm doing the actual a level but paper 1 which is just all AS content.

alr okay well good luck mate
Reply 18
I did business and communication GCSE which is kinda bit different from Business studies. The exam was so easy for me as i achieved B in business enviroment setting and B in introducing business (like making websites for buisness). However there was another unit which i always failed badly becuase it was IT thingy where i had to make database and charts but thankfully the Exam board took them off becuase of the COVID-19.

I'm interested into becoming primary teacher for deaf pupil (i have hearing impairment where im half deaf. although im fully deaf when i dont wear cochlear implant) because i have level 1-3 qualification for signing language BSL (British Sign Language) or becoming a social worker for disability team. I love to work with young deaf children as i work for Deaf youth club as youth worker working with young children (4-11 years old) and they're so creativity.

Also, i think i should let you know that you DON'T have to have H&S GCSE to do HSC A-Level or BTEC. I didnt have HSC GCSE either and I managed to get BTEC health and social care.

English lit is hard espically that i struggle the most is managing my time during the exam. I would advise you to plan timing suitable such as doing question 1 for 45 min and doing question 2 for an hour and doing question 3 for half hour... ect.

I think that is an incredible choice of career considering your ability not only to relate to it on a personal level, but also because of your pre-existing knowledge on BSL. Being able to connect with young people is so important when working with children, so having that one thing in common will definitely enable you to be well respected. Furthermore, after living a life with hearing impairment, I think it is excellent that you are now doing your part to assist children who are growing up in a similar situation to yourself. It is very sweet. You are truly giving something back. I have no doubt that, if you seek to achieve, then you will most certainly get the job of your dreams!

I wouldn't take H&S at A-level purely because I am already taking 3 A-levels in September, and couldn't possibly manage the stress of a fourth, no matter how convincing. Unfortunately, it just won't be helpful to me when applying to med-school specifically, which has been my ambition from the age of 8 (I'm turning 16 soon for reference, so that's half of my lifetime near enough).

English lit is a pain but with a bit of revision, I can atleast prepare myself for what I want to write tomorrow so I can pace myself better and get my planning out the way asap.
Reply 19
I think that is an incredible choice of career considering your ability not only to relate to it on a personal level, but also because of your pre-existing knowledge on BSL. Being able to connect with young people is so important when working with children, so having that one thing in common will definitely enable you to be well respected. Furthermore, after living a life with hearing impairment, I think it is excellent that you are now doing your part to assist children who are growing up in a similar situation to yourself. It is very sweet. You are truly giving something back. I have no doubt that, if you seek to achieve, then you will most certainly get the job of your dreams!

I wouldn't take H&S at A-level purely because I am already taking 3 A-levels in September, and couldn't possibly manage the stress of a fourth, no matter how convincing. Unfortunately, it just won't be helpful to me when applying to med-school specifically, which has been my ambition from the age of 8 (I'm turning 16 soon for reference, so that's half of my lifetime near enough).

English lit is a pain but with a bit of revision, I can atleast prepare myself for what I want to write tomorrow so I can pace myself better and get my planning out the way asap.

OMG GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ENGLISH LIT TODAY. I'm sure you'll aced it. LMK what you think of the exam. I hope you achieve what you want.

(Quick question, Do you go to belfast high school because you sounds very familiar)

Quick Reply

Latest