The Student Room Group

struggling with my sexuality as i grow up

hii! so i have identified as a bisexual woman since the age of 12 (im 17 now) , and i am pretty set that i am bisexual, but id say within this recent year, im feeling less and less attraction to men, and more to women. It changes for me, because sometimes it will be equal, but on other days its more a 95% preferance to women and just finding men gross. but it changes? sometimes i feel like i might be a straight out lesbian, but on other days something just switches and im bisexual again,

its just all confusing and im not sure how to label myself, i feel uncomfortable having no label, as i feel disorganised or put of place.

is there a word for how im feeling? or is this completely irrational
Reply 1
Why do you feel you need a label? Who would you be announcing it to?

If your preferences vary, that's fine. Maybe it's the people you have met that have influenced you. But if you are attracted to both men and women, even if only slightly some days, you can still call yourself bisexual.
Original post by misou
hii! so i have identified as a bisexual woman since the age of 12 (im 17 now) , and i am pretty set that i am bisexual, but id say within this recent year, im feeling less and less attraction to men, and more to women. It changes for me, because sometimes it will be equal, but on other days its more a 95% preferance to women and just finding men gross. but it changes? sometimes i feel like i might be a straight out lesbian, but on other days something just switches and im bisexual again,
its just all confusing and im not sure how to label myself, i feel uncomfortable having no label, as i feel disorganised or put of place.

I use to be bisexual and I was dating a boy but then I stop having feelings for boys and more in to girls I been there
Original post by misou

One word, Hormones. They control a large part of how you feel and how you feel sexually. So different times of year you will likely feel differently.
Original post by misou

I've been more into girls too. If I had to say I would say I'm bi. I do think about guys just not as often as i fantsize on girls. I keep it a secret from the girls in my dorm room cause there all boy crazy.
Me too but I have a boyfriend
Reply 6
Original post by misou

Something similar happened to me, I realised I was queer aged 14. My journey was: bi more into men, bi more into women, lesbian, bi more into women again then queer when I realised I'm genderfluid. Sexuality is fluid and you should just embrace yourself in the moment and try your best to go with the flow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending