The Student Room Group

Ran out of time English Language Paper 1

I ran out of time in my English Language Paper 1 and i only wrote a page for question 5. It was detailed to an extent and punctuation and spelling alongside devices were used well i think. How many marks could I expect to get in my question 5 from a pessimistic standpoint?

Thanks
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by theone1337
I ran out of time in my English Language Paper 1 and i only wrote a page for question 5. It was detailed to an extent and punctuation and spelling alongside devices were used well i think. How many marks could I expect to get in my question 5 from a pessimistic standpoint?

Thanks

Hey! There’s no need to be pessimistic,because you know u did something and quality is always valued more over quantity. Based off what you have said, I’m pretty sure you could receive maybe a bit less than half but honestly you can’t predict your marks as it solely depends on what the examiner thinks. But as a piece of advice i wish someone had told me, do not come out of the exam panicking about what u forgot or didn’t write, its not worth it. It will just make you more stressed. What you should do, is start focusing on your next exam. What’s gone is gone, you can’t do anything about it. Stay positive and think well as least i tried my best and thats one more exam done. Focus on how you can prepare yourself better for the rest of your exams such as time management. If you struggle with time, practice exam questions in time conditions and always know your timings for each exam. I hope that helps! Good luck on your exams :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by hanni_nj
Hey! There’s no need to be pessimistic,because you know u did something and quality is always valued more over quantity. Based off what you have said, I’m pretty sure you could receive maybe a bit less than half but honestly you can’t predict your marks as it solely depends on what the examiner thinks. But as a piece of advice i wish someone had told me, do not come out of the exam panicking about what u forgot or didn’t write, its not worth it. It will just make you more stressed. What you should do, is start focusing on your next exam. What’s gone is gone, you can’t do anything about it. Stay positive and think well as least i tried my best and thats one more exam done. Focus on how you can prepare yourself better for the rest of your exams such as time management. If you struggle with time, practice exam questions in time conditions and always know your timings for each exam. I hope that helps! Good luck on your exams :wink:

i ended up doing way better than i thought i would and got a 7. thanks for the support even though i wasnt there to see it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending