The Student Room Group

Don’t have the energy to revise

I’m in the middle of A level exams and as the title says, I don’t have the energy anymore. I’m so exhausted and i dont know what to do because I still have revision to do but I don’t have the energy to do it.
Reply 1
dw myself and many other a level students relate. when i’m feeling like this i just watch related videos on the topics, so technically i’m recalling what i need to know but someone else is feeding the knowledge to me. don’t feel bad about it tho i cant think of a single person that isn’t tired it from these exams
Reply 2
bro thinks he’s the only one
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
dw myself and many other a level students relate. when i’m feeling like this i just watch related videos on the topics, so technically i’m recalling what i need to know but someone else is feeding the knowledge to me. don’t feel bad about it tho i cant think of a single person that isn’t tired it from these exams

Thank you
Reply 4
I’m in the middle of A level exams and as the title says, I don’t have the energy anymore. I’m so exhausted and i dont know what to do because I still have revision to do but I don’t have the energy to do it.

Drink 2 litres of water and take deep breaths in and out. :biggrin:

I am sorry you are struggling with energy levels. Exams and revision do take a lot of energy out of you.
My main recommendation with this is to rest and sleep more. Even if it means you have less time to revise, sleep is essential for memory retention and motivation, so sleeping a good amount is more important than pushing through to do more hours of work. Often if you sleep more, the revision you do will be more focussed and effective anyway, plus you will remember more of it so you wont actually be losing out on anything. If you can take a short nap in the middle of the day, this can be helpful too. If you are struggling to sleep, rest is still very important - lying in a dark room with no stimulation or going for a walk without your phone can help your brain recover and rest. It is also okay to take some time out to do something you enjoy, you cannot be productive all the time.
The brain's main source of fuel comes from protein, so ensure you are eating a healthy balanced diet with plenty of protein. The tiredness could be caused by another issue, so it could be worth discussing this with a doctor to ensure there is nothing else contributing to low energy.
I hope this helps,
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending