The Student Room Group

Is there anyone here who doesn’t worry much about their health?

If someone said that you were at high risk for a health condition in the future such as some autoimmune condition or bad asthma, would you worry about this more than things like losing your job, relationship issues etc?

As someone who worries about their health it would be interesting to hear other perspectives. The root cause of why I worry is that I have always seen health as basically the core of survival. Some examples - if you lose external things like job and money you will still exist and survive however if you don’t have health you struggle.
Reply 1
I know I'm at increased risk of certain things. I see no point in worrying about. I stay active, I have a reasonably healthy diet but I am not obsessive because I know that even with the healthiest lifestyle, I could still develop health problems. No point obsessing about something you can't really change.
Original post by Awaitingquavers
if you lose external things like job and money you will still exist and survive however if you don’t have health you struggle.

I don't quite see the logic here? If you have no income, money for food or a home you will 100% struggle and almost certainly also put you at higher risk of health issues due to street living and bad food, so existence and survival is no more assured. At least a risk of future health issues is just that, a risk which can likely be mitigated rather than 'Certainly happening right now'

Quick Reply

Latest