The Student Room Group

Who else is happy that their GCSE's are finished?!

I'm happy, I know that for sure. Now I've got 10 weeks on my hands \(^^)/
Reply 1
Luckyyyy! I've still got 2 next week
Reply 2
Original post by CatalinaIK
Luckyyyy! I've still got 2 next week

Ouuch, sorry. How come? I didn't know there were any that went that far ahead...
EDIT: Whoops I missread it as "I've still got two weeks". Haha. Anyways good luck on them!! (which ones are they?)
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Mashle
Ouuch, sorry. How come? I didn't know there were any that went that far ahead...
EDIT: Whoops I missread it as "I've still got two weeks". Haha. Anyways good luck on them!! (which ones are they?)

DT and Further Maths
Reply 4
Original post by CatalinaIK
DT and Further Maths

Oh right. I have a few friends doing DT as well. Apparently it is very common sense based. I also keep on forgetting that some places offer Further Maths at GCSE as well. I hope they go well for you!
Guys we have 65 days left until results day ><
Reply 6
Original post by M4teri4IGworI
Guys we have 65 days left until results day ><

BRuhhhh I can't wait but also don't mind at the same time
Original post by Spencerman
BRuhhhh I can't wait but also don't mind at the same time

Idk tbh...I'm quite scared because that could just be a regular day or it could be the day of my demise :')
Reply 8
Idk tbh...I'm quite scared because that could just be a regular day or it could be the day of my demise :')

Hah me too. I know I did well in most of them like Physics and Maths, but OCR pulled a fast one on that computing paper 2, I wasn't ready enough for history, and IT was on a day with two other exams soooo, yeah.

BUT!
The good news is they are only GCSE's. As long as you tried hard enough, you will get a good enough grade that will let you go on to whatever you want to do next (I think so at least). Really its what's after that counts, whether it be apprenticeships, sixth form, or whatever else it is, and how much dedication you put in that (again, as long as you put the work into the GCSE's)
Original post by Mashle
Hah me too. I know I did well in most of them like Physics and Maths, but OCR pulled a fast one on that computing paper 2, I wasn't ready enough for history, and IT was on a day with two other exams soooo, yeah.

BUT!
The good news is they are only GCSE's. As long as you tried hard enough, you will get a good enough grade that will let you go on to whatever you want to do next (I think so at least). Really its what's after that counts, whether it be apprenticeships, sixth form, or whatever else it is, and how much dedication you put in that (again, as long as you put the work into the GCSE's)

Oh yeah I heard about the computing exam! I'm so glad I don't do computing haha. I hope I did well on all of my subjects because I kinda have high expectations but we shall see in approximately 63 days now ><

Yeah that's a good mindset to have! I'm sure we've all tried our best with these exams but the funny thing is, when we are in year 11, we treat GCSES as the most important thing in our lives but then when we get to year 13 (assuming you doing a levels), we realise that GCSES was actually not bad compared to A levels.
Reply 10
Oh yeah I heard about the computing exam! I'm so glad I don't do computing haha. I hope I did well on all of my subjects because I kinda have high expectations but we shall see in approximately 63 days now ><

Yeah that's a good mindset to have! I'm sure we've all tried our best with these exams but the funny thing is, when we are in year 11, we treat GCSES as the most important thing in our lives but then when we get to year 13 (assuming you doing a levels), we realise that GCSES was actually not bad compared to A levels.

Yeah it was terrible. Like it had the hardest questions possible, it was harder than any past paper, mock, or PPE I have ever seen, and I've seen tons of them. So me and my friends, who were best in my class, were all p****d. They even put stuff that out computing teacher said should have appeared in A-level so argh.

But yeah, we'll see how we did in 62 days I guess (good luck with the results, all this ends once we open those envelopes, then A-Levels start).

Oh dear now I'm scared for my A-levels, thinking back to how daunting GCSE's seemed years back, tho to be honest, since we put all that work into them, they seemed like normal, unsurprising tests (with a few exceptions). For some reason tho I doubt the A-Levels will be like that. I feel like they really will push us, especially with independent learning. I hope you get the grades you want and get to do the A-Levels you want! :biggrin:
Original post by Mashle
Yeah it was terrible. Like it had the hardest questions possible, it was harder than any past paper, mock, or PPE I have ever seen, and I've seen tons of them. So me and my friends, who were best in my class, were all p****d. They even put stuff that out computing teacher said should have appeared in A-level so argh.

But yeah, we'll see how we did in 62 days I guess (good luck with the results, all this ends once we open those envelopes, then A-Levels start).

Oh dear now I'm scared for my A-levels, thinking back to how daunting GCSE's seemed years back, tho to be honest, since we put all that work into them, they seemed like normal, unsurprising tests (with a few exceptions). For some reason tho I doubt the A-Levels will be like that. I feel like they really will push us, especially with independent learning. I hope you get the grades you want and get to do the A-Levels you want! :biggrin:

Well hopefully the grade boundaries will be low for computing since it was terrible!! I also wish you the best of luck with your results and I hope you achieve the grades you want too!

It's funny to think how our fate is sealed in that one envelope and could literally determine the next chapter of our lives >< If you don't mind me asking, what A levels are you hoping to do? ^^
Reply 12
Well hopefully the grade boundaries will be low for computing since it was terrible!! I also wish you the best of luck with your results and I hope you achieve the grades you want too!

It's funny to think how our fate is sealed in that one envelope and could literally determine the next chapter of our lives >< If you don't mind me asking, what A levels are you hoping to do? ^^

That's true, because I am hearing it sucked for a lot of people. And apparently OCR even offered an apology for it being so difficult (idk if that's true but yeah). But thanks, you too!

It's funny that way, and the GCSE's felt normal themselves, so it's weird.
That's fine - it's literally on my bio: I'm going to do Computer Science, Maths, and Physics (all STEM, I'm now kinda worried).
I know Ive got them since I'm staying on for my schools sixth form and already got accepted. I didn't even make a second choice. Thanks for asking :smile:
What about you?
Original post by Mashle
That's true, because I am hearing it sucked for a lot of people. And apparently OCR even offered an apology for it being so difficult (idk if that's true but yeah). But thanks, you too!

It's funny that way, and the GCSE's felt normal themselves, so it's weird.
That's fine - it's literally on my bio: I'm going to do Computer Science, Maths, and Physics (all STEM, I'm now kinda worried).
I know Ive got them since I'm staying on for my schools sixth form and already got accepted. I didn't even make a second choice. Thanks for asking :smile:
What about you?

Sorry I didn't realise it was on your bio :smile: I think that is a great selection, not overly ambitious! (although I could never do those subjects combined haha but I'm sure you're fully capable!)
And that's so great that you've got accepted, I'm sure you'll do well.

I'm doing Chemistry, Biology and Psychology and I'm also staying on for my school's sixth form! Thank you for asking :biggrin:
I'm curious, what are your GCSE predictions? It's always interesting to see how people predict their performance ><
Reply 14
Oh thanks! Yeah that's why I'm worried, since I stuck 3 of the most brain working subjects together. SO much maths. Literally. Oh well. And I was thinking of doing an EPQ, like I would have survived XD

I'll list my school predictions and in brackets put my guess
Biology: 8C (8A -it went so well)
Business Studies: 7A (8B)
Chemistry: 8C (7B - My worst science)
Computing: 8C (8C - I will freaking *censored* *censored* then *censored* and *censored* OCR, I should be getting a 9!!!)
English Lan: 7A (7C - I suck at English in general)
English Lit: 7A (6B - I really I am hopeless, last PPE Lan = 8C (lucky), Lit = 4A. I balanced out the revision this time a bit more)
History: 8B (6A - its not happening, I cannot remember so many dates to save my life)
Creative iMedia/IT: Distinction* (Distinction - I had to do IT paper after two other exams, I was dead)
Maths: 7A (9C - breeze)
Physics: 8B (9B - best paper to finish GCSE's on, and my best science)

Pls tell me if these are overconfident (cocky), but I'm basing these off the questions I know I got wrong, and previous PPE results.
What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest