The Student Room Group

What's the stereotype about Scorpios?

I don't believe in horoscopes, and I don't like to judge people based on stereotypes, but please remind me again, what's the stereotype about Scorpios that people seem to believe?

And have your experience or relationships with Scorpios (if any) proven to you that the stereotype is accurate?
The stereotype associated with Scorpios is that they are often described as intense, passionate, and mysterious individuals. They are believed to possess strong willpower, determination, and a desire for control. Scorpios are also often associated with being secretive, possessive, and having a tendency towards jealousy or vindictiveness.

It's important to note that stereotypes are generalizations and may not accurately represent every individual. While some people may exhibit certain traits associated with their zodiac sign, it's crucial to approach each person as a unique individual with their own experiences and characteristics. Remember that astrology and stereotypes should not be the sole basis for judging or forming opinions about others. It's more valuable to get to know individuals on a personal level and appreciate their unique qualities and complexities.
As a Scorpio I’m interested to see what people say.
I absolutely despise this stereotype having been told my entire life 'ooohh sting in the tail' just because I happen to be born in November which happens to have some correlation to some star constellation that looks nothing like a scorpion.
Original post by WhoStoleMyName?
The stereotype associated with Scorpios is that they are often described as intense, passionate, and mysterious individuals. They are believed to possess strong willpower, determination, and a desire for control. Scorpios are also often associated with being secretive, possessive, and having a tendency towards jealousy or vindictiveness.

It's important to note that stereotypes are generalizations and may not accurately represent every individual. While some people may exhibit certain traits associated with their zodiac sign, it's crucial to approach each person as a unique individual with their own experiences and characteristics. Remember that astrology and stereotypes should not be the sole basis for judging or forming opinions about others. It's more valuable to get to know individuals on a personal level and appreciate their unique qualities and complexities.

ChatGPT?
Reply 5
Charming, clever, patient, passionate, strong charactered but with the tendency to inflict massive stinging injuries on either themselves or others when the mood takes them/the time feel right to do so.

If I never encounter another scorpio prone to frequenting the path to either self-destruction, crime sprees where an innocent person ends up hospitalised, toxic drama or the most vicious and vilest of financial corruption it will be too soon.
I've crossed paths with dozens of them since before Blair was PM.
Ex bf's, dates, guttersnipe journalists, housemates, coworkers and fake friends.
I've only ever met one pleasant sane scorpio girl- on TSR.
Reply 6
Original post by WhoStoleMyName?

Thanks for the answer. Isn't there something that's related to sex too? Not sure if the Scorpio stereotype is "good in bed" or "sleeps around" or both.. lol
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 8
Vague statements like "their emotions run deep" will be a hit for a lot of people. The hits stay in the memory as anecdotal evidence for astrology and the misses are forgotten.

Double blind experiments have shown that there's nothing in it so why do so many educated people still believe in it. I'm so confused :cry2:
Original post by Notnek
Vague statements like "their emotions run deep" will be a hit for a lot of people. The hits stay in the memory as anecdotal evidence for astrology and the misses are forgotten.

Double blind experiments have shown that there's nothing in it so why do so many educated people still believe in it. I'm so confused :cry2:

Most of it is indeed nonsense and essentially cold reading.
They are frequently said to be predatory arachnids with eight legs, a pair of pincers and a segmented tail ending with a stinger.
Reply 11
Original post by Admit-One
They are frequently said to be predatory arachnids with eight legs, a pair of pincers and a segmented tail ending with a stinger.

How frequently are we talking?
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Most of it is indeed nonsense and essentially cold reading.

Do you believe that the statements in the image a I posted are accurate?
Original post by Notnek
How frequently are we talking?

Exactly one-twelfth of the time.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Do you believe that the statements in the image a I posted are accurate?

I mean they’re quite vague and could apply to a lot of people. Some of those are true for me but others aren’t. And I know quite a lot of scorpios (weirdly most of my secondary school friends were scorpios too) and that description doesn’t match most of them at all.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I mean they’re quite vague and could apply to a lot of people. Some of those are true for me but others aren’t. And I know quite a lot of scorpios (weirdly most of my secondary school friends were scorpios too) and that description doesn’t match most of them at all.

Fair enough.

Quick Reply

Latest