The Student Room Group

MPW Cambridge Year 13 Transfer

Hi I am considering transferring at the end of Year 12 to MPW Cambridge as I want to do medicine. Is it worth it? Or is it worth changing school after AS Level?
Any reviews or comments about MPW Cambridge or simply about transferring would be appreciated! Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by yy11
Hi I am considering transferring at the end of Year 12 to MPW Cambridge as I want to do medicine. Is it worth it? Or is it worth changing school after AS Level?
Any reviews or comments about MPW Cambridge or simply about transferring would be appreciated! Thank you.

Do you not like your current sixth form? Transferring can be a lengthy and stressful process as you will have to search for a school willing to let you continue into Y13 rather than restarting Y12
Reply 2
I have looked up on Google and there are sixth form colleges that accept transfers. I feel like I need much more exam-oriented courses to get into medicine. What do you think?
Reply 3
Original post by yy11
I have looked up on Google and there are sixth form colleges that accept transfers. I feel like I need much more exam-oriented courses to get into medicine. What do you think?

MPW Cambridge has a excellent record for exam success. The teaching is 'intense' but exam technique focused and that leads to A* and A grades. :smile: I would highly recommend MPW Cambridge, and if you're from Asia, you will have a lot of other friends you will make too. :wink:

Are you taking A-Levels in Maths, Chemistry and Biology? :s-smilie:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Hello, im thinking of joing to MPW how is it ?, is itstrict , hows eveyday life ?

Quick Reply

Latest