The Student Room Group

Is it possible to be moved into year 13 after getting bad grades in year 12

Recently I have found out that I have basically failed year 12 with me getting DDE in media, politics, and history and my sixth form head has told me that my only two options right now are to resit and do a btec pathway (which I am not fully opposed to) or resit a levels somewhere else. Right now I am looking into other sixth forms as I don’t really want to only stick with the btec option however while looking for new sixth forms to resit at I was wondering if it was possible to still be moved up into year 13 or if I can only resit?
Original post by Punkinda1
Recently I have found out that I have basically failed year 12 with me getting DDE in media, politics, and history and my sixth form head has told me that my only two options right now are to resit and do a btec pathway (which I am not fully opposed to) or resit a levels somewhere else. Right now I am looking into other sixth forms as I don’t really want to only stick with the btec option however while looking for new sixth forms to resit at I was wondering if it was possible to still be moved up into year 13 or if I can only resit?

you can defo move up to year 13 but definitely put in more work for your a levels as y13 is much harder than y12
Reply 2

Find a school that does direct transfer to year 13 if you don't want to retake year 12. It will be more difficult though if they do a different exam board to the ones you did in year 12. I'm transferring to a different 6form for year 13 and they do different exam boards for 2 of my subjects. I'm so stressed out because they want me to do exams on the 4th and 5th of September to see if I'm sutiable and this is my last chance to get the predicted I need 😖
Reply 3
Hey, ya since I made this thread I have looked and applied to many different sixth forms and colleges and I have two that might potentially let me transfer over into year 13 but just like you they do want me to take tests and a little interview to see if it’s worth it so honestly best of luck to you and me I guess. 👍🏾

Original post by Shambles23
Find a school that does direct transfer to year 13 if you don't want to retake year 12. It will be more difficult though if they do a different exam board to the ones you did in year 12. I'm transferring to a different 6form for year 13 and they do different exam boards for 2 of my subjects. I'm so stressed out because they want me to do exams on the 4th and 5th of September to see if I'm sutiable and this is my last chance to get the predicted I need 😖
Reply 4
Hey, ya since I made this thread I have looked and applied to many different sixth forms and colleges and I have two that might potentially let me transfer over into year 13 but just like you they do want me to take tests and a little interview to see if it’s worth it so honestly best of luck to you and me I guess. 👍🏾

Good luck!! I hope you get the results you want in summer 2024!

Quick Reply

Latest