The Student Room Group

Why do some people on this site hate Oxbridge for the sake of it?

I've seen a few users on this site consistently bash Oxbridge for seemingly no good reason, often making claims which are blatantly not true:

Oxbridge has no edge in the job market....employers don't care....the quality of education is no better than a non-Russell Group....etc.

Just wondered why this is?
(edited 10 months ago)
Can't say I've seen much of this tbh...it seems like the vast majority masturbate furiously and orgasm loudly and obnoxiously every time it's mentioned instead.
Reply 2
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Can't say I've seen much of this tbh...it seems like the vast majority masturbate furiously and orgasm loudly and obnoxiously every time it's mentioned instead.

I don't visit the education/uni forums very often, in all honestly, but on all the occasions I have, there have been a few users who consistently replied with lots of persistent 'Bridge bashing. I don't want to name users but you may have seen them.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by pseudo96
I've seen a few users on this site consistently bash Oxbridge for seemingly no good reason, often making claims which are blatantly not true:

Oxbridge has no edge in the job market....employers don't care....the quality of education is no better than a non-Russell Group....etc.

Just wondered why this is?

Probably cause they can't get a place and don't have a chance -
Agree with the above, see the opposite personally. Seems like everyone is just desperate for it.
You're acting as if there are more people bashing Oxbridge than supporting it. There's an overwhelming majority of students on this site that are in love with Oxbridge, and the few bashers you mention probably want to feel better about themselves or are maybe trying to make another student feel less bad about not getting into Oxbridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending