The Student Room Group

How to keep looking up rather than dwelling on things

I’m dropping out of a Russell group uni bc I didn’t like my course. I’ll be living and working back home for a year in a tiny southern town (it’s very boring I know because I grew up here) I’m going to be far away from my friends and probably won’t have much of a social life. Does anyone have advice for staying positive? I’m someone who dwells and worries about regretting decisions. I’m trying to think that this year will go fast and realistically I’ll be applying to unis again in a few months so that could be exciting. I was studying an art related course so I might start my own Instagram and upload/ sell my art if there’s interest to keep me occupied. But yeah any advice needed please!
My advice would be to stay as socially connected as possible while you're in your small town. Make sure to stay in touch with your university friends, and reach out to people from your hometown as well (as long as that is comfortable for you). Also take the opportunity to explore the outdoors—walking or biking in nature can be a great way to gain perspective and stay positive. Last, look into learning some new skills that could be valuable for your future plans. There are so many great courses and online resources available and these could be a great way to stay connected and productive while you're away from your friends. Finally, I can be your new online friend, how about that?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m dropping out of a Russell group uni bc I didn’t like my course. I’ll be living and working back home for a year in a tiny southern town (it’s very boring I know because I grew up here) I’m going to be far away from my friends and probably won’t have much of a social life. Does anyone have advice for staying positive? I’m someone who dwells and worries about regretting decisions. I’m trying to think that this year will go fast and realistically I’ll be applying to unis again in a few months so that could be exciting. I was studying an art related course so I might start my own Instagram and upload/ sell my art if there’s interest to keep me occupied. But yeah any advice needed please!
to stay positive, i might write on paper each day the positive aspects i experience. i might also write the outcomes of decisions that i can take, then choose from there.

Quick Reply

Latest