The Student Room Group

Struggling with failure and lack of progress in life

I am 24 and feel like a failure. I have achieved a few things which some may say are commendable, but for the last 2-years I have achieved nothing. I feel like I am in quicksand, stuck and as time goes by I sink lower.

I have applied for positions in the field I hope to work in, but I have been completely unsuccessful.

What do I do?
Original post by Anonymous
I am 24 and feel like a failure. I have achieved a few things which some may say are commendable, but for the last 2-years I have achieved nothing. I feel like I am in quicksand, stuck and as time goes by I sink lower.

I have applied for positions in the field I hope to work in, but I have been completely unsuccessful.

What do I do?

awww dont lose hope. And ur not a failure. And bcz u didnt get the positions yet doesnt mean ur life is nothing. Maybe theres something better coming for you that even you couldnt imagine and remember ur still 24.
Reply 2
I am so sorry that you are feeling this way, you seem to be particularly harsh on yourself. Progress is not linear. And if you know that you are trying your best, the courage and bravery you have is commendable enough.
Reply 3
I wonder if people you trust knows that you are feeling this way. I know that the negative thoughts and ambiguity can be very difficult to live with, and you do not have to suffer alone. I do not know your situation, but company and real-life support can really make a difference.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

What do I do?

You've applied for jobs so atleast you're trying. What were you doing before this and what jobs did you apply too?
do you connect or talk with professionals in the field? :smile:
you could begin volunteering for a project that they need help with. as you help them, they can see you, learn about you, and choose to want to work with you.

Quick Reply

Latest