The Student Room Group

Part Time Job

I recently received a job offer for 20 hours a week at a store, the employer was really looking forward to me joining their teams and was very impressed by my interview. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but unlike my previous job it is not in the city centre where my uni is, so essentially there will be double the amount of commuting during the week, at my previous job it was based near the uni, so travel was really easy but for this new job there aren't any buses leading there or close. The employers were kind enough to offer me my hours around my degree, but I am going to be entering my third year of university. I'm worried that it will affect my studies and will leave me with no time to myself.

I don't know whether I should stay at this job until I graduate or just temporarily, another part of me feels like just declining before starting anything. I haven't signed any job contracts yet, but others have said I should give it a chance. I feel so conflicted and stressed.
If the job works for you, take it. If it doesn't, you have no responsibility to the employer. Do what is right for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending