The Student Room Group

Looking for a job in the summer.

Hi,
I’ve been working part-time at a local restaurant and have decided to start looking for a new job for the summer. I’ve been considering a few options but I need some advice.

Do full-time jobs offer zero hours contracts?
Are you able to leave a full-time job (basically treating it as a part-time job) or do you have to work there for some time?
Is it possible to take up a full-time job over the summer and then leave it to pursue FE/alternatives w/o consequence?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, all advice is appreciated.

😁
Original post by MissHokage
Hi,
I’ve been working part-time at a local restaurant and have decided to start looking for a new job for the summer. I’ve been considering a few options but I need some advice.

Do full-time jobs offer zero hours contracts?
Are you able to leave a full-time job (basically treating it as a part-time job) or do you have to work there for some time?
Is it possible to take up a full-time job over the summer and then leave it to pursue FE/alternatives w/o consequence?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, all advice is appreciated.

😁

Hello,

The most suitable contract for a full time job over the summer would be a temporary contract of say 3 months, in my opinion. Or alternatively(if going to university in your home city), you could speak to your employer and let them know that you are available to work full time over the summer, but would have to shift to a part-time contract once term starts, they may be able to offer a contract accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending