The Student Room Group

Should I tell an employer about uni?

Hello again, TSR

I [finally] managed to secure an interview for a job (yey!), however, as I've just ended Sixth Form (still waiting on results), I'm kind of wary about telling them that I want to go to university; currently I'm thinking if I should try to sneak out of answering such a question with a "not sure"/"depends on what happens" - though I'm worried about it making me look unreliable or indecisive or whatever - they *do* list both full-time and part-time on the job posting, so *maybe* it won't be too big of a deal for them, but, the less deal breakers the better.

(not sure if this is even the right place to post, sorry)
Original post by Redrick_Schuart
Hello again, TSR

I [finally] managed to secure an interview for a job (yey!), however, as I've just ended Sixth Form (still waiting on results), I'm kind of wary about telling them that I want to go to university; currently I'm thinking if I should try to sneak out of answering such a question with a "not sure"/"depends on what happens" - though I'm worried about it making me look unreliable or indecisive or whatever - they *do* list both full-time and part-time on the job posting, so *maybe* it won't be too big of a deal for them, but, the less deal breakers the better.

(not sure if this is even the right place to post, sorry)

What sort of job have you applied for? A permanent full-time job, where they'd natural expect you to be there for many months (or even years)? A temporary full-time job, where they might only expect you to be there for a few months? A part-time job?

If you get the grades for your firm / insurance choice at uni, would you have to quit this job in late September / early October? Or would you look to continue in the job (albeit part-time) alongside university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending