The Student Room Group

Future job

i want to become a psychologist what work experience would you recommend would be best to help my future career I'm 15 years old
Hey there,

I'm currently a 2nd year student at university studying Psychology, and also planning to follow the path of a psychologist.

Unfortunately I think there would be limited ways to gain work experience directly in the field due to your age, many roles require you to be 18+. That being said, if you can find any roles that involve helping in your community (volunteering), customer service roles in coffee shops etc. that involve talking to/helping people this can be helpful too.

It can be useful to start learning theories within Psychology, it's helpful to start reading/watching youtube videos as it is such a broad subject that covers a lot of things! E.g., biological, cognitive, social, developmental... the list goes on! The crash course psychology videos on YouTube are pretty good and fun to watch. It might help you prepare a bit for A-Level Psychology too.

I would also say don't put too much pressure on finding work experience/ extra reading now and enjoy the rest of school - you will miss it!! There will be lots of opportunities during college and university to gain experience.

I hope this helps,

Lauren -Official Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest