The Student Room Group

Remote or Sensor

Do you prefer remotely controlled robot or robot with sensors that moves without being controlled?
Original post by Lisaasa
Do you prefer remotely controlled robot or robot with sensors that moves without being controlled?

As a person who has little understanding of robots nor much experience with them, I think both are suitable. Either are cool, but perhaps it depends on the robot's intention.

Hope that helped!
Rachel - YSJ student rep (not a robot expert)
Reply 2
There's something so satisfying about controlling it yourself, seeing your commands mirrored in its little electric brain haha. Then again, there's also something beautiful about seeing it wander around alone, like a little metal child... Couldn't choose between them, agree with the user above that it depends on the intention. I also find that when the sensors go wrong it's extremely sad to see your robot crash into a wall, fly off the table, etc., which is a perfect example for the need of rigorous testing :biggrin:.
Reply 3
Original post by {Moss}
There's something so satisfying about controlling it yourself, seeing your commands mirrored in its little electric brain haha. Then again, there's also something beautiful about seeing it wander around alone, like a little metal child... Couldn't choose between them, agree with the user above that it depends on the intention. I also find that when the sensors go wrong it's extremely sad to see your robot crash into a wall, fly off the table, etc., which is a perfect example for the need of rigorous testing :biggrin:.

All depends what the robot is for. If you want it to save you time then there’s not much point in it being remotely controlled as you still have to be present to tell it what to do. It may make the work easier/ more agreeable but it doesn’t save time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending